Chapter 30

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV: 

After Four left to set up the knive throwing station everyone turns to look at me. 

"Yes?" I ask.

"Why did you and Alex really break up?" Christina asks. "Was it because Four put his hand on you during training?" Christina asks. 

"No." I say confused. "How do you guys know about it?" I gesture to Zeke, Marlene and Shauna because I am not supposed to know their names. 

"I told them." Christina says. "You are sure that's not why right?" 

"I don't know. Why does it matter?" I ask. 

"We don't want you getting your hopes up." Christina says. 

"Why would I get my hopes up?" I ask trying to sound nervous. Can they tell I like Four? 

"Just because Four isn't really wanting to date anyone right now. He had a huge thing happen with a girl last year and I don't think he wants to be with anyone right now." Uriah says glaring at Christina.

"I don't even really know him. How could I like him besides until 10 minutes ago I had a boyfriend." I say feeling so bad about lying kinda hoping Christina sees through my lie. 

"Okay, good. Not trying to say he wouldn't like you, your pretty, funny, and athletic and everything, but he really cares about that other girl." Christina says. 

"Who is she?" I ask hoping the actually answer. 

"Our sister." Uriah says looking at Zeke. 

"Oh where is she?" I ask hoping if I wonder about her it will make sure no one suspects it is me.

"She left Dauntless. We don't know where she is." Uriah says. 

"Ohh." I say and I look down. I still feel so bad. I don't know how to not regret leaving anymore. Should I have tried to solve everything?

"Well Izzy do you want to walk with Uriah and I to training?" Christina asks. 

"Yeah sure." I say. 

They stand and I follow them out the door.  I feel like we are already becoming friends again. "Will the other initaites get mad at me for being around you guys?" I ask.

"No, it doesn't really matter as long as you show you can earn points since it's a different system then last year they shouldn't feel threatned." Christina says. 

"Okay." I say. We get to the training room. Four is laying knives out on the table when we walk in. I watch him, but then look away remembering I can't look like I like him. Being away from him for 8 months made me realize how much I really missed him. 

Everyone just talks while I stand and just listen. I can't say to much otherwise they may know that I am Tris. Then everyone else starts showing up Mathew coming in last. I stay on the otherside of everyone else that way I don't have to be near him. 

Four demonstrates how to throw knives correctly and then we all get to go and do our own. I know Four is watching me and I have to restrain from throwing my knife in the dead center. I practice the form and don't throw yet. I keep practcing. Then I throw. I make it a foot away from the center. I also didn't throw it hard enough because I didn't want to do to good. No one else has hit the board yet let alone got it to stick.

I keep throwing and start throwing them harder everytime. I don't look at Mathew. I don't care if I look to good at it because I am tired of faking already. I keep throwing and eventually I allow myself to hit the center. I keep throwing letting my anger out on the board. I throw the last knife in my hand and it hits the center. I then notice that no one else is throwing besides Mathew.