Chapter 12

Edited: 8/02/2020

Tris POV:

Today training is resuming. It was put on hold while I was in my coma. I am nervous. I don't want to see Eric. They couldn't really punish him because he's not a member of Dauntless. There's not really anything to do. They did take away points which will hurt his ranking. They have 2 Dauntless leaders supervising training now because of Eric.

I get up and I shower. The injury in my stomach hurts so much when I walk. I blow dry my hair and I do some eyeliner, mascara, concealer and foundation. I don't need blush my cheeks will probably be red while I'm in the training room. I get downstairs and Uriah is waiting for me. "Do you still wanna race?"

"If I get a minute head start."I say hiding my smirk.

 "Fine." he says, but I know he is really happy I am okay. 

I get out the door and I hear Uriah start counting. I know a short cut that I haven't shown to Uriah. It gets me to the dining hall a couple of minutes before him. I didn't need the minute head start, but if we started at the same time and saw where I went he would know about the shortcut. I sit down with Zeke, the Stiff, Marlene, Lynn and Shauna. "Where's Uriah?" Zeke asks. 

"Oh we were racing. I beat him." I say. 

They look shocked. "Your on hurt and with a trouble breathing and you still beat him?" Marlene asks. A couple of minutes later he runs in and looks like he's in disbelief. 

"How did you get here so fast?" He asks. 

"I have my ways." I say. He rolls his eyes. 

"You sure your up for training Tris?" Zeke asks. Being the over protective brother like always. 

"Yep, I just won't be running or punching the bags anytime soon. I can still throw knives and shoot guns though." I say. They nod. 

"Amar said that he was glad you didn't die because if he didn't have you to help and just Uriah, he would die too because Uriah is so annoying." Zeke says. 

"Really?" Uriah asks. 

"Some of that was true." Zeke says with a laugh. 

After we eat we say bye to Lynn and Marlene. I can't wait until we all are initiates. We walk into the training room and we see Amar talking to two Dauntless leaders. I go over too the knife throwing area. While all the others go to the punching bags. The Stiff walks up next me. 

"Hey." he says. 

"Hey." I say back. He seems nervous like he doesn't know what to say. 

"How's your stomach feeling?" He asks. 

"Umm... It's getting better still hurts to walk though and breathe." I laugh and so does he, but I wince a little. 

 "I'm sorry." He says. 

"For what?" I ask him. 

"I didn't protect you from Eric." 

"There's nothing you could have done. He is just a bad person and I'm glad we found out now." I say hoping he will believe me and not feel bad. 

"True, but I feel bad that you got hurt in the process." He says. 

"Don't I would rather get hurt then someone else." I say. I know how Abnegation that sounds, but that is where I was born. He shifts on his feet. "Stiff it's okay I am fine." 

He looks at me and says "I know, but I am with your brothers and we are supposed to protect you that's something I wasn't able to do." 

"It's okay you and my brothers both did your best." He nods.

I feel disappointed all of sudden, but I need to cover it up so I need to treat him like a brother. "Don't worry I am thankful to have another big brother looking out for me." Maybe I don't want you to be a big brother though. 

 He looks a little take aback. "Yeah, well I will make sure he doesn't hurt you." He says. 

"Thanks, but don't forget that I am Dauntless and I can take him down too." I say. 

"I wouldn't think of it." He says and we laugh. 

"Here show me how your throwing is and I'll see if there is anything I can help you fix." I suggest. 

"Okay." He says. He picks up some knives and throws them hitting the center every time. 

"I think your good." I say. 

"If you say so." He says and he looks shocked about me saying he's good. 

"Don't worry your a natural." I say. 

"Well, I had a good teacher." He says. 

"True, but you probably could have gotten there yourself." I say. 

"I doubt it, but your the teacher." He says smiling. 

We talk and hangout for the rest of the training time. After lunch Amar takes them to show them the fear landscape room. I didn't go because I don't have to assist with that portion, so I guess I am done helping out for the rest of they year. I am kinda sad it's over. Mainly because I won't get to spend time with the Stiff as much, but he is just a big brother. 

I really can't wait to my initiation. 

***********************************************************************************************

Hey guys hope you enjoyed :)

Also I am going to be just doing a couple of scenes until Tris's initiation because not much can happen.

I will get Four getting his nickname, and them hanging out a couple of times and stuff like that. Don't worry the books not over yet.

-Addison