Chapter 11

Edited: 8/02/2020

The Stiff POV:

Today they are going to remove her body from the hospital. She only died yesterday, but it feels like it's been months. I hated not seeing her run into breakfast racing Uriah this morning or her smiling when teaching people during training. The cancelled it today to let people grieve even after it has been cancelled for the last 2 weeks because many people have refused to show up until they knew Tris was going to be okay. But she isn't. She is gone.  I went in to the training room anyway to let out anger. 

As soon as I walk in I see the spot where she got hit by a knife. I can't look over there. I can't help it though. I pick up a knife and throw it. Dead center. She taught me that. She can't be gone. I think back to when she was in the infirmary. 

The nurse pressed the button to end the life support. Then Tris's body relaxed and looked completely lifeless. I remember looking over at her heart monitor. It was beeping and then slowed down. It kept beeping and beeping and then we all left not being able to bear the sight of her. WAIT her heart monitor never stopped she is still alive. I run to the hospital and I go into her room and her mom and brothers are in there. 

They are about to pull out everything connected to her so they can take her to make her ashes. "Wait." I scream. 

Zeke turns around "What?? Stiff what's going on." 

"Look at her heart monitor." I say running over to it. "Her heart is still beating. She is still alive. Just without life support." 

Zeke sits down and puts his head in his hand. Uriah and his mom both start to cry. 

I walk over to her and say "Tris wake up! Please Tris your still here. Don't let go." 

Uriah comes over and grips her hand and rubs her hand. "Tris please! I need you please don't let go yet." We all sit here for hours hoping she will wake up. Eventually Uriah falls asleep next to her. Me and Zeke fall asleep in the chairs and also there mom fell asleep in the chair too. 

I wake up to someones hoarse voice saying "Hello, please. please someone." I see Tris in her hospital bed with her eyes open. 

"Tris!" I say. I wake up everyone and there all crying. I see Tris crying too. I decide to leave because they need their time alone. I am just so happy they are awake.

Tris POV: 

I remember after life support. I woke up in this bright white room. I have never seen this place before. It isn't in the Dauntless compound. I hear footsteps and I turn around and see a women. "Who are you?" I ask her. 

"I am Natalie Prior." She responds. 

"Mom?" I ask her. 

"Yes honey."  

"Wait if I see you does that mean I died." I ask her and I feel like I am about to cry. 

"No you have a choice now you can go that way." She gestures toward the light. It feels, so inviting. 

"What's that way?" I ask. 

"I can't tell you just once you go there. There's no coming back." 

"What's the other way?" I ask 

"Your family and life." She tells me. 

"Wait does that mean your dead and that way I am coming with you?" I ask. 

"I can't tell you more than this, but what your seeing right now isn't real. I don't exist here and I can't tell you if I am alive or dead." She says. 

"Wait." I say not understanding if she is alive why did she have me leave. "I'm sorry mom." 

"I understand honey. Your time isn't over yet."  I nod as I walk over the other way. 

When I get back I wake up in my hospital bed. I see Uriah is asleep next to me. My mom, Zeke and The Stiff? Are sleeping in the chairs. My stomach is hurting so bad. Since they thought I'm dead I'm assuming I don't have any pain bed medicine in me right now. 

"Hello please. please someone." I call out. The Stiff wakes up. He wakes everyone else and they all celebrate me being awake.

I see the Stiff leave. It makes me sad that he didn't want to see me awake. I realize he probably just wants me to spend time with my family. I remember him telling me he doesn't know how he feels about me. Is that a good or bad thing? Is it like as a sister, as a friend or more than that? I am just so happy I made it. I can be Dauntless now. I can enjoy my life and be with my family. 

That morning Zeke and Uriah call over everyone telling them there's something they need to see at our house. I stay hidden upstairs until everyone come because I want them all to see me at the same time. I hear Uriah call out "You can come out now." I walk down the stair and everyone looks at me. Marlene comes running and hugs me super hard. I hug her back. 

"Tris, don't ever do that again." She cries.

 "I won't." Shauna and Lynn both hug me. Uriah tackles me in a hug. I get up and hug the Stiff. Who only tenses a little this time. I still laugh. I hug Zeke.

We all go to the pit to hang out. We eat at Dauntless burger and then go get Ice cream. I am so happy to be back. Marlene and Shauna drag me and Lynn to shop and they guys just eat Dauntless cake while we shop. 

When I go home that night I think about how if I chose the other option I wouldn't have any of this and I don't know what I would do with myself.

*********************************************************************************************

Hey guys!! I told you it would be better. I hope you enjoyed. Can't wait to keep going with this story.

-Addison :)