Chapter 4:"Do you see any other jerks here"

Chapter 4: "Do you see any other jerks here"?

Katelyn Bishop

How can you hate everybody in a single room, but yet also be worried that everybody hates you too? Like we all collectively just hate eachother.

That was Katelyn's plight right now. Her rosy cheeks had dissipated and for now her tears were at bay. Just in time to check her email. It went a little something like this, spam, spam, spam, company policies, spam, and finally an email from her mother back home about Morgan
Enterprises.

Katelyn unwillingly clicked on the last one because of the Morgan name.

The Morgan's were a celebrity of sorts. They made their money off selling businesses to other businesses.

Yeah, they were hella rich and they didn't care who knew about it.

They just exerted their power on every little thing that breathed enough to be able to be choked.

They were the guys who handled those big acquisitions. Any company you think of. Just name it, they've acquired it.

Everyone basically half-hated and half-loved the Morgans.

You see, they all liked the Morgan family and their charming lives, but everyone was also scared their company would be next to be bit off and chewed by Morgan Enterprise.

Personally, Katelyn despised Morgan Enterprises and every Morgan who inhabited it. Her mother had lost her job of forty years because the Morgans wanted to increase their portfolio. To them, Katelyn and her mother were just rubber duckies that they could step on and let squeal just for amusement.

God, she hated them with a passion.

What this particular email was about was a super credit card charged wedding that apparently had gone on this morning.

Katelyn scanned through the pictures while chewing on some Twizzlers that she always kept ready for snacking at her desk.

Yes, she wasn't above spying on the enemy.

Especially when the enemy looked so damn good. She would never admit that to said enemy, but wow.

It was a picture of the perfect kiss, that she would never get, and the man was tall stack of wow.

His jet black hair was flowing almost too picture perfect. Did they bring fans in? He looked like an instagram model.

Katelyn read the caption, "Jared Morgan wed Wynn Silver in Grant Park #happilyeverafter."

Katelyn gagged. God that was too cute, adorable and maddening.

This kind of perfection was just not possible. It was just impossible. Being rich and finding the "One". That's like winning the lotto scratch off twice blindfolded.

Katelyn felt eyes on her while she looked at the photo in jealousy. No. Not jealousy. Pfft. Her life was perfect--okay--far from it but she was trying.

Carter Michaels was staring at her with an intense face.

Damn.

He must have found out about her presentation. His brown eyes and bushy brows were creased in a perpetual glare. Even Katelyn slowed her chews of her Twizzlers as he glared.

Well, that's not the face of someone who wants to hug you.

Quite the opposite... he looked like he wanted to strangle or throttle her like shaking a piggybank to see what's inside. She looked down at her stomach, all she had inside of her was four Twizzlers and coffee.