Chapter 15: This is it

*Note* This is a special chapter because it goes into Jared's POV to clear up what's going on. After this chapter it will go back to Katelyn.

Chapter 15: This is it

Jared Morgan

His sharp shovel dug at the dirt around the Lakehouse. Jared had intended to bury his blood stained T-shirt from the night that Wynn's father was killed and his own mother had died. It all happened in a smoky flare of blood and human carnage. Jared remembered it like it was yesterday.

At that point, his father was trying to gauge which son would be better to run the company.

With Jared being older, he was the first to be tested out for the Morgan corporation.

His first mission was with his mother.

His mother had brought him along to the Lakehouse along with him.

Along with him, his father suggested to bring the girl he was supposed to marry, to impress her of his skills. Jared's father wanted him to marry into money, and that's where the Wynn's came from. They were rich for a vast majority of their lives until Wynn's father was killed accidentally.

Their mission was to collect the money from the Bishops…but something happened along the way.

He fell for their niece. Her dark hair swayed at her shoulders while they laid on the dock. Her blue eyes swam into Jared's steel gaze.

Jared’s identical twin brother Jay was the guise he wore to kiss her.

He was immediately taken with her so he pretended to be his brother, Jay, for that night.

He couldn't have been more wrong to do so.

Gunshots broke out in the house as they kissed under the midnight fireworks. Kate tried to tell him that the sounds that he was hearing were just fireworks. For a while he believed this. He wanted to believe this. But when a blood curdling shriek infiltrated his ears, he had to depart from her lips and this is when it all went awry.

Hand in hand he had walked her to that cabin that laid close to the dock. Moss had grown up alongside the sides and wood boarded the whole cabin in solitude. Fear insolated them in fearful silence as they cautiously walked back to the cabin.

From the screen door Jared could see it all occurring.

Kate's aunt yelled out, “Grant, what have you done with all our money?”.

Grant, Kate's uncle, cried out, “Please, Erin, I didn't mean it. I just had some bad luck when I went to Vegas. I tell you, the dice was rigged. I can win it all back, I swear. All that and more, just give me time.” His voice pleaded a with her.

Erin’s tone was hard and harsh, “No Grant. That last shot was a warning. This one will not be. This is the last time you screw me over!"

A bullet sounded and Jared's hands flew to open the screen door.

Erin then pointed the gun to Jared's mother saying, “I know how I'll clear this debt. I'll clear you and your friends from this earth.”

Erin cocked the gun again while fear shook through them all.

As Jared planned what to do next, he felt Kate slip from his hands. He looked over. She was gone.

A tear crawled down his eyes as Erin looked at Jay and his mother, devilishly.

Erin's face crawled up into a murderous smirk as she looked down at Jay and whispered, “You're the first, prodigal son."

Fear had made him stuck him in place, but once Erin had moved to Jay, Jared flung himself into her.