Chapter 9: A Date All About Kate

Flint Morgan

Flint ruffled his hands through his blond hair thinking, as sunlight tried its best to creep through his blinds.

So her name is Kate.

And she's a part of Blank Slate.

He didn't want that to be the truth. She was only near him for her job. It wasn't real.

None of it was real.

Flint had a feeling they weren't telling the truth.

He slumped down on his couch defeated. His green sparked eyes dampened all within a moment.

His smile had evaporated into the clouds raining overhead.

His flickering seemed to be quelled by his slow and heavy breaths.

His forest green eyes were stuck staring at space as he began wishing that Kate was real about her intentions.

Flint hated that she knew him better than he knew himself.

He hated how her hair looked like a black stream running off her head and stopping at her shoulders. He hated how her blue eyes stood there like a stand-still ocean. He hated how her delicate features looked so porcelain and perfect. He hated how most would call her average without knowing any deeper.

He knew how she tasted and felt, but he couldn't have her.

Most of all, he hated how she made his dead heart flutter back to life in its dilapidated graveyard.

All he had left of her now was the remaining tropical mango scent of her shampoo in his hallway.

He wished that he had stayed away from her.

People always wanted something from him.

It was never him, they wanted.

As his eyes dampened from a mint chocolate chip color to forest green, a knock pulsed at the door.

Flint regretfully got up and answered the door.

Nikki flitted in the hallway, without Kate.

Flint gave her a polite smile, but he was hopeful to see Kate again, even if it was pointless.

Nikki stood there instead with her button nose and locks of blond hair that shone up at him like a batman signal to the sky.

"Hey." she said quietly, staring up at him.

"Hey, Nikki. What are you doing here?" he asked.

Nikki looked like she'd been thinking of something and was nervous.

She stepped into his apartment and bore into his green eyes with a fierce determination.

With a cold stutter, Nikki began, "I know you don't want to be saved...but can you at least let us show you why you should stick around?"

She pleaded this request with a flutter of her brown eyes. Her button nose crinkled as she waited for his answer.

Flint looked over at her, he felt sympathy sadly.

He didn't want to, but he did.

He could pretend to want to stay just to get these women off his back, right?

Flint gulped and answered, "Fine".

Nikki jumped up and down and hugged him and there was a moment.