Wolfstar - Just a Cough

"Pads! I'm home, are you here?"

Remus Lupin walked through the front door of the small bungalow he shared with his soulmate, Sirius Black.

He started to wonder if he was home alone, even though Sirius should have been home half an hour ago, when he heard a small rustle and a pained groan coming from the living room.

"Re... 'm in here."

A weak voice floated out into the hall where Remus was standing, punctuated by a fit of coughing. Remus frowned, and he shrugged his coat off and hung it on the hook before toeing his shoes off and stepping into the adjacent room.

He found Sirius, pale, wrapped in a pile of fluffly blankets (there was definitely a Disney Princess one there), coughing uncontrollably.

"Oh baby!" He murmered, a sympathetic and pained note in his voice as he approached his boyfriend and started to rub his back.

"Merlin's beard, babe, sounds like you're coughing up a lung, it's ok, there we go, just breathe."

"'m ok Re." Sirius mumbled.

He lay back against a pillow, breathless and exhausted, his eyes half closed from the exertion and the illness.

Remus put a hand to his boyfriend's forehead, gasping lightly as he felt the heat, and slight moisture that comes with a fever.

"Jesus Pads, you're burning up! Let me go get you some water and fever meds, have you got a headache?"

Sirius nodded slowly, his eyes slightly glassy and unfocused.

"Okay, so I'll get you some painkillers as well, and some cool flannels for your forehead, to try and cool you down a little, we don't want you getting too much warmer, it could be dangerous."

Remus stood up from where he was knelt beside Sirius's head, but turned back when he heard Sirius start to speak again.

"Hot tea" Sirius croaked "Can I have some hot tea with honey and lemon too?"

"Of course, be back in a sec love."

Remus swiveled around and walked into the kitchen, where he put the kettle on and turned towards the medicine cabinet, pulling out a flannel and two boxes of pills.

He ran the flannel under cold water and filled up a glass with the same liquid, placing them to one side as he made the tea and stirred in the honey and lemon juice.

"Love you Re" a small voice came floating through the open door.

"I love you too baby." was all he could reply as he headed back into the room, levitating the tray of items in front of him, so he could look after Sirius.

(And he totally caught the same virus the next week after Sirius had fully recovered, so they switched roles.)