Request: Christmas

Request for Accio_Crowley
Credit for the idea goes to 'actualteddylupin'

It started with a girl called Morgan. She was a Hufflepuff, and gay.

Her parents found out in the summer of her fifth year at Hogwarts and disowned her. It was public news, and she found a gaggle of other people in the same predicament.

Alex from her transfiguration class, Olivia from Charms, Isla from the Slytherin Quidditch team. The list went on.

They banded together, the mismatched group of queer students, and convinced Professor McGonagall to let them stay at school in the holidays.

She agreed, of course, and regardless of their house, these students became a family.

When school started again, you could find them in each others common rooms, Quidditch practices, and mixing tables at meals. The other Hogwarts students didn't care, and by the end of Morgan's fifth year, it was normal.

This continued as a small group thing, until a small, shy second year called Posy tiptoed up to them one day in the library.

Quietly, she asked if she could join, and that's when the original four decided to open it up to everyone. It was known as 'Queersmas'.

It was better with more people. They ran a secret santa every year, and sent each other Christmas cards through owl, ones with glitter and mice and fake hats.

They stayed at the castle, until a pure blood Slytherin boy called Cáel came out to his parents.

He'd packed his bags and prepared to floo to the castle, but instead of shouts and harsh slaps, he was met with comforting hands and kisses. He told his parents about Queersmas, and how he'd been preparing to join the group.

His parents were horrified.

No child deserves to not have a safe home to go to in the holidays, and the castle was comfy and the teachers were kind, but it wasn't the same.

The next holiday, you could see fifty students tumbling out of Cáel's fireplace, wearing flags and badges with their preferred pronouns on.

They were met with hugs and hot chocolate, and a massive Christmas tree with a box of ornaments.

That year, The Queersmas group decorated a tree together, put presents under the tree, and slept in beds that weren't in dorms.

They were finally home.

I hope you enjoyed this, it wasn't my best work and I'm quite disappointed but I'm not finding writing easy at the moment. If you have any more requests do send them to me! I need the inspiration and I love hearing from you guys!