Drarry - Broken Bones and Bruises

When Harry Potter came tumbling through the fireplace, Draco initially smiled at the return of his husband and his clumsiness, but after a second his cup of peppermint tea tumbled to the ground.

(I love peppermint tea)

Harry was lying on the floor, curled in on himself, wheezing for breath.

Draco dropped to his knees in front of him, rubbing a soothing hand over his back and gripping the nape of his neck to guide Harry into sitting position so they were leaning against the wall.

"Shhh" Draco said. "Where does it hurt?"

"Ribs." The answer was breathless, and short.

Draco used his wand to tear down the front of Harry's wet, dirty t-shirt, and pulled it off gently. It was horrible.

Harry's chest was mottled with dark green, purple, and yellow bruises, stretching across his entire torso, and when Draco carefully ran his hand over Harry's ribs, he could feel them move beneath his hand.

"Merlin's beard, fuck Harry." Draco gasped. "What the hell happened? Who did this?"

"Mission, don't worry, we won, but the death eaters were fierce."

"I'm sorry, Harry" Draco said, picking up his wand and pointing it at the broken ribs. "Episkey"

A sharp intake of breath followed by a relieved sigh indicated that it had worked. Draco summoned the first aid kit, and rummaged around for the Lanolin bruise ointment.

He squeezed some onto his fingers before slowly smoothing the cream over the worst of the bruises, with light fingers that made a shiver run up Harry's spine.

After the cream was all rubbed in, Draco picked Harry up bridle style, ignoring his protests, and easily carried him up the stairs and into their bedroom where he laid him on the bed.

Draco lovingly tucked the covers around the half asleep boy, and plumping up his pillows before rolling into bed beside him, carding his fingers through Harry's unruly mop of curls, before dropping off to sleep together.