Jily - Migraine

Lily Evans-soon-to-be-Potter was in pain. Her head was pounding against her skull, and she felt sick and tired.

She heard the front door open, and as it slammed closed it reverberated through her head, making her cry out in pain.

"Lils! Are you here love?"

Her fiance, James, called worriedly up the stairs, Lily was normally there to greet him as soon as he walked in the door with a kiss on the cheek and a wry smile.

Lily just curled into a ball, crying in agony as black dots floated around her vision and the piercing pain intensified.

"Lils?"

He came into the bedroom, confused as to why the lights were off and the pale blue curtains closed so early in the afternoon; but it all clicked when he saw Lily curled under the covers, hiding from the light and sound of the outside world.

"I'm sorry flower, I didn't realise."

He whispered, rubbing her back gently.

"Migraine" she choked out "hurts." She added.

"Deep breaths" he cooed "I'll get those prescription painkillers the doctor gave you."

He placed the bucket reserved for these occasions on the floor next to her where she could easily reach it without getting out of bed.

"Be back in a sec."

He ran lightly down the stairs, filling a glass with water and pulling the medicine bottle from the shelf. He shook two large, white pills into his palm and walked back up the stairs, being careful to not spill any of the water.

He returned to find Lily bent over the bucket, violently throwing up. He set the medicine on the bedside table and went to rub her back and hold her hair out of the way.

When she'd finished, she took a few sips of the water to rinse out her mouth, and swallowed the pills. James whispered comforting words to her and ran his fingers through her long  soft, freshly washed hair as they lay back down and curled up together under the covers, James being the big spoon this time - they tended to take turns, depending on whoever needed the most comfort.

"Go to sleep" he muttered " you'll feel better when you wake up, I promise."

He lay there for a while, hearing her breathing even out and her heart rate calm. And he fell asleep to the warm, comforting rise and fall of Lily's chest.