Wolfstar - Coming Out

The marauders were sitting around the fire in the Gryffindor common room having just finished their exams. They were cuddled up on red and gold plush sofas, and talking about life and other stuff. (Very specific)

"Hey Remus! Got a girlfriend yet?" James teased, laughing slightly at the shade of red Remus's cheeks flushed. Peter kept reading his book, used to this, but Sirius perked up, biting his lip to stop himself from giggling at Remus's discomfort.

Indignant, Remus replied, "why is it always me? And no."

James just smirked, and said "Because, my dear moony, I have Lily, Peter is aro and everyone knows Sirius is gay and not dating"

Remus sighed and exchanged glances with Sirius. "Why don't you try and figure it out?"

"Okay. Give us a clue then!"

Remus rolled his eyes "okay, clue number one, he's got black hair..."

James's jaw dropped "you're gay? How did I not know this?"

"Technically I'm bi, and you're just oblivious"

"Okay Mr smart mouth. Hey Pete, Siri, help me out here"

Peter raised an eyebrow, "you're on your own mate". Sirius just nodded, holding back a grin. He was looking forward to watching James try to figure it out. Peter already knew - practically the whole school did, they didn't exactly put a lot of effort into hiding it.

James sighed. "Alright then" he thought for a minute... "Remus I'm honoured but I'm taken."

Peter slowly exhaled, "he's dating this boy currently you idiot"

"Oh yeah. Okay, wait a second..." There was a minute of silence until James talked again. "Is it that Ravenclaw boy? Whatshisname, Matthew?"

Remus shook his head, "no"

James looked grumpy. "Remus this is impossible, just tell me already! There are loads of boys in this school with black hair!"

Remus smiled a little. "Yes, but his black hair is the best, come on, one more guess."

James contemplated this. "If I don't get it next guess will you tell me?"

"Maybe" came the deliberately vague answer, Remus knew he was getting on James's nerves, honestly that boy had to know everything!

"Oh my god!" James exploded, sick of not knowing this important fact. "Are you fucking serious?"

Remus and Sirius looked at each other. "Yes" Remus announced. The two boyfriend's stood up and kissed, then walked out of the common room.

James was speechless. He looked at Peter. "Why are you not freaking out? Did you know this?" Peter just nodded. James looked incredulous "where did they go anyway?"

Peter rolled his eyes, exasperated. "The astronomy tower"

James looked confused "what are they doing on the astronomy...? Oh wait, I don't wanna know. Omygod that image, ew,ew" he exited to go and find Lily.

Peter carried on reading, holding out his hand for other occupants of the common room to put galleons in, all of them grumbling about 'unaware people who don't pay attention to obvious acts of love', and 'kissing in the hallways', and 'holding hands under the desks for god's sake!'.