Hinny - High Fever

Ginny woke up to the sound of rain pattering gently on the window. It felt peaceful, and as she rolled over she caught a glimpse of her fiancée on the other side of the bed.

She blinked sleepily. Was it just her or did he not look good? Harry was very pale. She put her hand on his forehead and gasped. He was burning up.

She shook him gently.
"Harry, wake up!" She murmured softly in his ear. "Wake up, please?!"

He groaned; opening his green eyes. Ginny sighed in relief; which was cut short when she noticed his eyes, his beautiful eyes which normally shined like stars, but today they seemed very dull.

"Do you feel okay Harry love?"
"Yeah, yeah" Harry sat up. "I'll make some breakfast"
"Harry, are you sure? You feel really warm" the concern leaked through her voice like syrup.

Harry sat up and swung his legs out of bed "Yeah, yeah I'm sure" He stood up. Immediately black dots started swirling in his vision, and he felt his knees buckle beneath him as he blacked out.

He woke up to the feeling of cotton sheets and a cool washcloth on his forehead. He opened his eyes to see Ginny, holding a bottle of pills and a glass of water, and looking down at him with a stern expression on her face.

"Still feel fine?"
"Yeah, okay, maybe I feel a little bit warm, but I'm fine"
"Sure" she said dryly "or at least you should be when you take these, and drink that whole glass of water."

He propped himself up, not far enough for the cloth to slip off, but far enough to not choke.

He took the pills and glass that was handed to him. He swallowed the medicine, and sipped at the water.

"The whole thing" Ginny reminded him. "And I'll get you some toast, and you have to eat that as well."
"Fine"

She disappeared downstairs, but soon returned with a plate of hot buttered toast (omygosh I'm now craving toast. Fun.) and a thermometer. She handed the plate to Harry and he started eating.

The thermometer beeped and Ginny looked at it. 103 degrees Fahrenheit. "That's really high Harry. Let's wait a bit and see if it goes down at all."

Harry nodded, finishing the rest of the water and starting on the second slice of toast.

When he had finished, he cuddled up to Ginny and they just sat there for a while, lightly dozing.

Twenty minutes later, Harry was nearly asleep. Ginny looked over. "I'll check your temperature again, and if it's not to high, you can go to sleep. If it's the same or higher, we'll go to St Mungo's."

She reached for the thermometer again, and when it beeped, she looked at it. "100.5" she looked at her fiancée. "Still high, but not that bad really. You can go to sleep"

"Okay" Harry really wasn't in the mood to argue. All he wanted to do was sleep. So he did.

By the next morning Harry felt much better, and Ginny and he were able to enjoy the rest of their weekend. And yes, he did make breakfast.