Hinny - Death

I think I might be about to make y'all cry, so I'm sorry!

⚠Trigger Warning: Suicide⚠

This is a really difficult topic for me, because I've struggled through these thoughts in the past, so bear with me. I cried and had to take breaks when I was writing this because it's a sensitive topic, so if you don't want to read it, you can just skip this one. Looking after your mental and physical health is more important than supporting me. Look after yourselves.

Ginny still remembered that day. The way her family and friends' faces crumpled as she had to tell them. Their children. The children who would now grow up fatherless, and her unborn daughter who would never know him.

She remembered walking into the bathroom on that day, seeing the red blood staining the tiles, and his pale, cold body draped lifelessly in the bathtub. She changed it to a shower soon after. She could never look at bathtubs without throwing up.

She remembered herself screaming, shaking, crying for him to wake up, calling Madame Pomfrey and St Mungo's and Professor McGonagall. She didn't believe them for a while when they told her it was no use. Until it did.

It sunk in one Sunday afternoon. She remembered falling to the floor, and sobbing. Professor McGonagall held her, the headmistress's own eyes red and watery.

She remembered how James and Albus didn't understand for a while, and it felt like her heart was breaking all over again every time they asked when daddy would be coming home. She remembered their confused, sad expressions when she softly explained to them, that daddy was in another place now, where he was happier.

She hated the pitying looks she got from her co-workers, and people she met on the street who knew the 'Boy who Lived'. But they didn't really know him. They didn't see his hidden cuts, the nightmares, the self doubt. They didn't see the bags under his eyes because he stayed up watching over his children and Ginny rather than sleeping, just so he could make sure they were safe.

They didn't see the frustration, the regret when he knew he'd gone too deep. They didn't see the hastily scribbled suicide note, stating his love for Ginny and his family and friends.

All they saw, were the candlelight vigils, the commemorative poems and articles in the newspapers that highlighted the glory of his life. They saw him as a hero. Ginny saw him as her husband.

___________________________________

Ginny sighed, and lay the Lilies at the foot of Harry Potter's grave. She stood up, reaching her hand out to the five year old girl sitting beside her.

"Come on Mon coeur. Let's get back to Uncle Ron and James and Albus."

Lily looked up at her mother and smiled, grabbing the outstretched hand.

"Okay mama." She turned around as they left the graveyard in Godric's Hollow as if remembering something.

"Bye bye daddy, bye pops, bye nanny."

Ginny smiled affectionately, escorting her youngest child into the car.