Drarry - Needing Each Other

Harry knew he was clingy. He assumed it came from being so deprived of affection as a child, but he constantly needed hugs and touches. Thankfully for him, his boyfriend was very good at giving him those things.

Draco loved giving him little kisses on the forehead, or cuddling while watching a movie, or holding hands when they were in public, or at Ron and Hermione's house.

Occasionally, if Harry didn't get enough physical attention, he got touch deprived. This was where he got irritable and shy, and needed a long movie and cuddle session to make him feel better.

It was for these reasons that Draco tried not to go on long business trips with the ministry, or if he had to, that Harry came too. But sometimes, it couldn't be helped.

"I'll only be gone for three days Harry, I promise, and when I get home we can have a movie night with all the cuddles you want."

The younger boy sighed. "I know, it's okay, I'll head over to 'Mione's if it gets too bad. I'll see you soon."

Draco looked sad but pressed a fleeting kiss to Harry's forehead, before stepping into the fire and flooing away, his gaze lingering on Harry's eyes.

____________________________________

Three days dragged by, but Harry refused to bother Hermione and Ron, instead thriving on the way others accidentally brushed past him in the corridors of the Ministry or the aisles of the supermarket.

Perhaps he lingered longer than necessary in the handshakes of his clients, and maybe he was snappier than normal, but he would wait until Draco got home to fulfill his need for affection.

____________________________________

"Babe?" Draco stepped through the fireplace and onto the mat, brushing himself down to rid his robes of soot before looking around as a blur ran towards him.

He felt strong arms being wrapped around him and he quickly reciprocated, a coo escaping from his lips as Harry's head tucked itself into the crook of the slightly taller boy's neck.

Draco led them to the sofa (couch) and lay down, turning on a random Netflix series as he snuggled into his needy boyfriend's tight grip.

The soft background noise floated around the room as Draco carded one hand through Harry's hair, and used the other one to summon a cheese sandwich ready made for him from the kitchen, and a cup of tea.

This was their routine now, every time one of them got back from a long trip, or at the end of a bad day, so they settled into the familiar motions as if they were born doing it.

Harry reached for the blanket which was always neatly folded on the arm of the sofa, wrapping it around both of them as they slowly fell asleep together.