Chapter 4

With this in mind I arrived at the Academy the next day bright and early and made my way to the host club. I was uncertain of the way at first but after receiving some garbled instructions from some giggling first years I managed to find it. I hesitated before knocking softly. Before anything else I was well mannered.
To my surprise the door swung open and I was once again caught in a swirl of rose petals. However, unlike yesterday when I turned up outside of club hours the hosts stood assembled before me. Tamaki-senpai in the middle with Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai to his right, Haruhi just in front, Ootori to his left and a glaringly empty space where the Hitachiin twins were clearly meant to be stood. There were no other girls in the room and it appeared I was their first visitor of the day. I laughed slightly as they stood in formation, clearly one of Tamaki-senpai's ideas.
Upon realising it was in fact me and not some eligible lady who could be won over with flowers and soft smiles my friends came over to greet me. However, I shook my head quickly.
'I'm sorry. I'm not staying. I'm looking for Karou.'
Haruhi answered first. 'Sorry Seina I haven't seen them yet this morning. Maybe they overslept?' I gave a disheartened sigh and headed for the door but Tamaki-senpai was quick to call me back.
'Why don't you wait here for them. They're bound to show up eventually. In the mean time we can give you a whistle stop tour of the Ouran High School Host Club!' He became increasingly excited as he talked and quickly launched into his spiel about beautiful women and host types.
'No offence Tamaki-senpai I think it would be a little weird if any of you were to try and host me. However, I wouldn't mind a quick chat with the Ootori who I can see skulking in the background.' Honey-senpai cheered and Tamaki-senpai gushed about what a wonderful idea this was. Haruhi, remembering our earlier conversation shot Mori-senpai a terrified look.
I stalked over to Ootori and leaned in so my lips were close to his ear. 'Remember me?'
'Mmm...how could I forget?' He placed his hand on my back and guided me to a small table with plush chairs. I allowed the contact and settled down opposite him. I gave him a small evil smile.
He pushed his glasses up his nose. 'Seina Kamei. You have risen up in the world. Heir to one of the richest families and largest corporations in Japan. It appears I may have misjudged you. I believe we got off on the wrong foot.'
I gave a high pitched laugh of disbelief. 'Subtle.' He watched me closely, analysing my every move but I kept my face expressionless as our eyes met. They were as cold and calculating as the first time we met. 'I can assure you Ootori I have not risen up in the world. I have always been above you. You were just too ignorant to notice. You dismissed me as an 'insignificant' 'little girl' who 'didn't stand a chance of being named heir' and therefore had nothing to offer you. The part I like is that you were and still are an insignificant, little boy who doesn't stand a chance of being named heir. It is you who has nothing to offer me.' He stared at me with wide eyes, shocked by the rejection.
I rose to my feet and turned to face the rest of the club. 'Thank you gentlemen for your hospitality but I must take my leave. I have an important consultation with the Black Magic society.' I then turned my bright smile towards Ootori, 'You see, there is someone I want dead.'
As I left the club I noticed Karou and Hikaru had entered the room and were staring at me with a mixture of astonishment and pride. Everyone else, barring the impassive Mori-senpai, looked horrified. Poor Tamaki-senpai was near hysterical.

'Kyoya! What did you do to her!? Sweet, beautiful Seina-san just threatened your life, while smiling! What did you do!? What if she buys a Belzenef!?'
Kyoya-senpai sighed, rubbed a hand over his face and began to explain the events of the charity dinner. In response he got many disapproving looks, sighs and head shakes. Finally he turned to the side and pulled his shirt up to reveal a hard white line of scar tissue. 'She cut me and ruined my favourite suit.'
Haruhi frowned 'Couldn't you have just stitched up the tear?' She received nothing but a cutting stare in return and closed her mouth.
'I think you were quite lucky to only get a small cut. Sei-chan is an accomplished martial artist. One of the best to have trained at our Dojo. If she wanted she could kill you with her bare hands.' Honey-senpai announced cheerfully before biting into a slice of cake.
Mori-senpai nodded confirmation of his cousin's words. Tamaki-senpai looked like he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and the twins looked angry. They walked over to Kyoya-senpai and leaned down so they were either side of him and smiled cheekily. 'Kyoya-senpai, if you ever speak to Seina like that again, no one will find your body.'