Chapter 8

(Seina's POV)
The following week, the host club were once again in traditional dress. Though Tamaki-senpai seemed to have adopted hair extensions. I walked in to see Kaoru in tears because Hikaru was threatening to undress him and shook my head. So weird. I joined Haruhi who was watching them with a resigned expression. I patted her shoulder sympathetically.
'Acceptance is the most important stage Haruhi. You befriended that and now you have to live with it.' She laughed at the joke, knowing that no one understood her pain better than me.
'Haru-chan! Sei-chan!' A little voice wailed, causing us both to turn around. A tearful Honey-senpai was standing behind us with one bare foot. 'I lost my sandal! Can you help me look?'
Before we could say anything, Mori-senpai appeared with the missing sandal and slid it onto his cousin's foot.
'It was lying on the floor over there.' Honey-senpai jumped into Mori-senpai's arms, tears of gratitude running down his cheeks.
I scoffed under my breath, 'Mmm, regular everyday Cinderella.'
Haruhi meanwhile observed the suspicious amount of crying going on, bumping into Kaoru and causing a small bottle of fake tears to fall from his sleeve.
'Cheaters.'
They then began an argument about whether or not this was a fair tactic. I joined them, amused.
'You didn't know? They have these things lying all around their bedroom. I nearly put one in my tea the first time I went round to their place.' Tamaki-senpai jumped as if burned.
'Seina-san! You have been to their house!? Their bedroom!? I am beginning to think you spend too much time with these shady twins to be the positive influence my little girl needs in her life!'
I simply raised my eyebrows at him as two familiar pairs of arms snaked themselves around me. The twins smirked at Tamaki-senpai.
'Seina comes to us for all sorts of things...' He jumped back again, tears running down his face as he grabbed Haruhi. This naturally prompted yet another argument about fake tears which concluded with Tamaki-senpai advising that a true host can cry without eye drops.
Exasperated I went to sit beside Kyoya-senpai whose customers had left already. A smirk played on his lips but he barely looked up at me.
'If you continue to sit with me, people will begin to get the wrong idea.' For a moment I was caught off guard by my words being thrown back at me but I recovered quickly.
'Don't be absurd everyone knows I can't stand you. You're simply the only one in this madhouse with anything resembling a grip on reality, therefore I keep your company to maintain my sanity.' He stopped writing and glanced up at me for half a second. He looked sad but he was probably just tired.
'Is that so?'
'Very much so.'
Before our bickering could go any further we were interrupted by the twins addressing a new customer. She seemed to be lurking by the door. I couldn't blame her, the hosts were intense which could certainly be daunting. Tamaki-senpai swooped in to greet her, his princely persona in full swing as he rebuked the twins. However, she quickly became hysterical, yelling that he was a fake and not a true princely type. Everyone stood up and moved towards the door to see what the kerfuffle was all about. Once Kyoya-senpai appeared she halted in her tirade of insults and turned to him with adoring eyes. I exchanged bewildered looks with the others. This was weird even for a day in the host club.
Once she had been sat down on one of the couches, she introduced herself as Renge Hoshakuji, Kyoya-senpai's fiancé. This sent his so called best friend Tamaki-senpai into a sulk as he had apparently been left out of the loop. It quickly became clear as she babbled about Kyoya-senpai's kind actions and winning personality that not only did she not know him but she had him confused with a completely different person.
This naturally left me and the twins laughing so hard we struggled to stand up straight.
Kyoya-senpai as the one paying the most attention to her babbling was the first to realise that Hoshakuji-san was actually an otaku, in love with a dating sim character whom he resembled. Of course this was even funnier. Not that Kyoya-senpai saw it that way, his expression promising swift revenge. Though I did feel a little lighter when he announced that they were in fact not betrothed and had actually never met.
Then his alleged fiancé dropped her next bombshell. 'I am going to be this club's new manager!' Tamaki-senpai turned horrified to Kyoya-senpai but was quickly told to be polite and indulge her nonsense as she was an important Ootori client.