Chapter 24

(Seina's POV)
The days passed quietly. I would spend a couple of hours every day with Kyoya, getting to know him better. In front of the others I kept my behaviour discrete and restrained. Perhaps it made me a coward but I was still wary of him and I didn't want anyone holding my affections against me if things fell apart. Still, I felt we were making good progress. Together. The second night I allowed him into my bed, I woke up tucked into his arms. That didn't stop the nightmares and for a second his arms around me felt like ropes, until I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Somehow the sound calmed me and I drifted back to sleep. The third night was the same and I quickly gave up on walls of pillows.
We had not taken things all the way. When we were alone he kissed me passionately, hands wandering and the press of him against me leaving me in no doubt as to what he wanted. But he didn't push it. Somehow I almost wanted him to.
Satsuki waltzed into my chambers during one of those more heated moments and inquired as to when she was going to be an aunt. Her wicked grin had me scarlet red and exiling her from my chambers. Kyoya had simply stared at me with his quiet intensity and kissed me again. I'd sought out my cousin later on to discuss taking necessary precautions.
I tried to pretend I didn't notice how Kyoya's eyes lingered on me as he saw me with the tablets the doctor had prescribed. I ignored the unspoken question and went to bed.

I settled into my chair at the dinner table for breakfast and helped myself to a healthy portion, munching away happily on some toast while I chattered away to Honey-senpai. My friends were returning home to pursue their own plans for the summer so it would soon just be me, my family and Kyoya. It would be strange without them and their nonsense filling the house. Once again peace and quiet would reign supreme in my Uncle's realm.
The driver brought the limo round to the front of the house where we had gathered to say goodbye. Various servants were helping to pile their things into the back. I found myself squashed between the twins as they hugged me goodbye, squeezing hard. Naturally I returned the favour, letting them know I could break their ribs too. They grinned and ruffled my hair as they pulled away, before turning to Kyoya. 'Hurt her again and we'll kill you.' They spoke in unison, their expressions sickly sweet even as their eyes promised their particular sort of chaos. Kyoya looked unimpressed but gave them a stiff nod all the same.
Me and Haruhi exchanged a look before a quick hug. I would think she'd been somewhat antisocial of late if I didn't know she'd been spending a lot of time with a certain blonde. I smirked at her and glanced towards Tamaki-senpai pointedly, for her part she maintained an innocent facade but the faint blush colouring her cheeks betrayed her.
The blonde in question was the picture of manly strength and composure; clinging to Kyoya while sobbing and wailing about how happy he was for us but how sad to be leaving. Kyoya to his credit looked faintly bemused and patted his friend's back.
Honey-senpai then came running over and threw himself at me. I laughed and hugged him back, his enthusiasm was eternally infectious. When I at last managed to extricate myself, I turned to Mori-senpai. He gave me a half smile and a bear hug. 'Work hard. If you need us we'll be here.'
I smiled. 'I know.'
I stepped back to where Tamaki-senpai was watching everyone else, his face was uncharacteristically placid. Kyoya was talking quietly to Haruhi and concerningly Satsuki appeared to be exchanging phone numbers with the twins. 'Everything is going to change now isn't it?'
'Of course it is, but Seina-san that's not always a bad thing.' It didn't escape my attention that his eyes were fixed firmly on Haruhi as he smiled absentmindedly. I wondered how long it would take for the two of them to acknowledge their feelings for each other.
I waved goodbye to my friends until the limousine disappeared out of sight, leaving the estate and my ancestral home far behind. I might have felt lonely were it not for Kyoya and Satsuki stood on either side of me. Still, I would miss them.
We were heading back inside, Satsuki and I discussing plans for the following week when a maid appeared in a doorway ahead. 'Excuse me Seina-sama, Satsuki-sama, I'm sorry to interrupt.' She bowed her head apologetically. 'Seina-sama, your Uncle would like to see you in his study. Immediately.' I dismissed her with a quick nod of my head and shot a look at Satsuki.
'What does he want?' She shook her head, equally bewildered. I sighed. 'I'll see you both later.'

It was all too easy to remember the last time I had been summoned to his study as I stood in front of the dark wooden door, composing myself. Swallowing my nerves I knocked and entered. My Uncle was stood up behind his desk, gazing out of the window, he didn't turn around as I entered, content to make me wait. When he finally did face me his expression was unreadable so I kept my own features similarly composed.
'Seina your outburst on the day of your engagement was outrageous and utterly shameful.' His tone was calm and measured but all the more dangerous for it. 'However, I am prepared to overlook your shocking conduct. I appreciate that, in retrospect, the introduction scenario was not my greatest conception. Your reaction while out of order was not entirely unanticipated. I apologise for the misunderstanding.' My eyes widened slightly in disbelief but that was the most emotion I would show him. I gave only a slight inclination of my head to acknowledge the apology. 'I am glad that you and your fiancé are now civil and speaking and that you have allowed his presence in your chambers.' Another wary nod. 'That being said, the Ootori Group is an incredibly wealthy and highly influential ally. Their family is of a traditional heritage, a bloodline befitting our own. Your words and behaviour these past few weeks did much harm to relations and although I accept my share of responsibility, something must be done. You are to do whatever it takes to make it up to your fiancé, you will please him and you must make things right. I will not tolerate any further rebellion from you Seina, whether you like it or not you will marry Kyoya Ootori. You will be his wife.' My breakfast curdled in my stomach as dread roiled within me.
'And how exactly would you have me do this Uncle?' Careful, clipped words.
'Seina he is going to be your husband you will have to learn to please him without direction. Whatever he wants you do. I'm sure you won't have to work your imagination too hard to devise a way to please a young man, they're all very much the same I'm afraid.' My stomach lurched into my throat and I clamped down on the rising nausea enough to nod my head again. Apparently satisfied he nodded his head to the door in dismissal.

It didn't take me long to reach Satsuki's chambers and as soon as she opened the door I lunged for her bathroom, emptying my stomach contents till my eyes were watering. She said nothing as she fetched me a damp washcloth and a glass of water. When I finally finished hurling up my guts, she sat quietly next to me while I explained what had happened. She looked ready to head downstairs and put her booted feet through the study door but instead she asked, 'What are you going to do?'
'I'm going to do as I'm told. My behaviour truly was atrocious and it is my duty to make things right. For the good of the company. Like you said the other day, it's going to happen sooner or later. I might as well get it out of the way. It's time I grew up.'
I didn't mention the fact that Kyoya's dissatisfaction tore at my heart. I couldn't believe that he had gone to his father about me, to complain that I was not the tame, ideal little wife he had wanted. How could he not have talked to me about it? Though I supposed I had shut him down so many times when he wished to talk that maybe he felt he no longer could. So, instead I asked Satsuki to go shopping with me.