Chapter 27

(Seina's POV)
We'd barely been home two days when Tamaki-senpai sent out a frantic plea for help on a hastily created host club group chat. I rolled my eyes, wondering why on Earth I was added on it.
I was just minding my own business, enjoying some tea with my mother, when a maid came bursting through the door. 'Kamei-sama forgive me but- oh. Seina-sama you're here? There's a rather panicked young man on the phone who believes you and possibly some of his other friends were kidnapped. Should I call the police?'
I raised my eyebrows, the height of unimpressed. 'His name's not Tamaki Suoh is it?'
'Yes Seina-sama, I believe it is. Would you like to speak to him?'
'No thank you. Please tell him I am busy and I will text him later. I have martial arts training in fifteen minutes at the dojo.' I turned to my mother. 'Please excuse me. I have to be going, I'll see you later.'
'Of course sweetie, please make sometime to speak to Kyoya-kun though.'
'Yes Mum.' I sighed for the 50th time.

I'd been at practice for maybe 25 minutes and was thrashing an older boy in hand to hand combat under the watchful eyes of Mori-senpai, when an unfamiliar maid came running in. Luckily she had thought to remove her shoes first and was holding them in her hand. 'I am so sorry to interrupt but Suoh-sama has insisted that the three of you will be essential in rescuing his one true love Haruhi Fujioka from imminent danger. The young master is beside himself!' I exchanged a look with Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai, who had come over to see what the commotion was about.
'As much as I don't believe in pandering to Tamaki-senpai, 'one true love' does sound very interesting.'
Mori-senpai nodded thoughtfully and Honey-senpai gave a cheerful little laugh. 'I suppose it would be mean if we kept ignoring Tama-chan.'
I raised my eyebrows. 'You guys too huh?' A calm nod from Mori-senpai and vigorous nodding from Honey-senpai. The maid watching our exchange with undue anxiety. 'Ok.' I sighed, 'Just let me change.'

We arrived at the Suoh mansion and could immediately hear our friend's shrill, mellow dramatic cries from the driveway. 'It's not too late to turn back.' I pointed out, only half joking.
We were greeted at the door by a surprisingly calm looking butler who led us through to the sitting room where the twins and Kyoya were already assembled, Tamaki-senpai pacing before them wailing and gesticulating madly. I settled onto the sofa with Kyoya who immediately rearranged himself so one arm was resting behind me and the other was holding his notebook which he seemed to be reading intently. My fellow latecomers sat on the remaining couch and Tamaki-senpai rushed off to find his emergency plan.
The twins' boredom seemed to evaporate as they glanced over at me. 'So Seina, what were you doing before we were all so rudely interrupted? Knitting? Dancing? Enjoying your morning perhaps?'
'In a sense.' I replied removing my shoes. I stretched my feet out on the coffee table and flexed my feet and toes. The twins simultaneously drew closer together and shrunk away from me.
'Seina. Whose blood is that?' Hikaru demanded eyeing the bloody martial arts tape wrapped around my feet and hands.
I offered a sweet smile. 'Gosh, I don't know it's hard to say for sure.' Kyoya chuckled and pressed a kiss to the side of my head, something which only seemed to frighten them more.
I had just finished unwrapping my hands and feet when Tamaki-senpai returned, directing a group of frazzled maids who were pushing a whiteboard on wheels. The entire surface was a mass of arrows and writing and strange little cartoon drawings. We all squinted at the board tilting our heads one way and another in an attempt to decipher some meaning from the maddening scrawl. Something about an emergency deployment of the SDF was written in the corner. A mangled cartoon of an impoverished Haruhi sat it the middle. He then proceeded to pace in front of the whiteboard ranting about how she had clearly gone bankrupt and fled into the night. I rubbed my temples to ward off the headache this moron was going to cause while I decided whether or not to tell him where she was.
Kyoya of course beat me to it. 'I don't mean to interrupt your delusions but Haruhi is in Karuizawa.'
Tamaki-senpai paused and turned to look at us. 'Not only did Haruhi go bankrupt, flee by night, and get kidnapped but she's in Karuizawa...?'
I sighed deeply, fully worn out after only 15 minutes in his living room. Haruhi had the right idea disappearing without telling them.
Unfortunately for Haruhi her peace and quiet in Karuizawa was not going to last long and neither was mine once Kyoya had asked my Mother for permission to take me to his family's holiday home there. She thought that was a 'lovely idea' and a 'delightful way to get to know each other better'. So that was that, I was bundled off to Karuizawa with the rest of the host club to disturb Haruhi's working holiday at 'Pension Misuzu'.