Chapter 16

(Seina's POV)
By the time the next week rolled around, the excitement of my date with Kyoya had faded to be once again replaced with my grim reality. I could not be with him. Yet the thought of his lips on mine and his arms around me was enough to set my heart racing. I wanted to spend every spare moment with him before my future caught up with me and ended it for good. But we were both busy, working hard for our family companies and anything excessive would begin to attract suspicion.
My maid fastened the back of my school dress as I secured the cuffs. Everything from my hair to my shoes were pristine. Her eyes met mine in the mirror but unlike most times she didn't look away.
'What is it Yuki?' I questioned.
'Forgive me Seina-sama, but you were in such high spirits all weekend and now you seem awfully sad.' I offered her a small smile.
'I'm alright Yuki, reality is just catching up with me faster than I would have liked.' That only seemed to concern her further.
'Seina-sama you're not in any trouble are you?'
'No Yuki of course not. In all honesty, I wish things were as simple as a little trouble.' Somehow she seemed to untangle the truth from the words I offered her. She picked up a brush from my dressing table and began to draw it through my hair for the second time that morning.
'Do you love him?' I hesitated, taken aback by her straight forward question.
'No. But I could. And somehow that's worse. It's a cruel what if. I can't get further involved with him. It hurts now, never mind if...' I trailed off with a sigh and an uncomfortable laugh. 'It doesn't matter.' She put a comforting hand on one of my shoulders and I gave it a small squeeze. 'Thank you Yuki. I'll see you tonight.'

I entered the host club to find it suspiciously empty of guests. It was peacefully quiet which was even more suspicious. I looked around for the tell tale signs of the murder which they had to be covering up, only to see Honey-senpai taking a nap under a makeshift canopy. I glanced at Mori-senpai, the surprisingly handy and very devoted creator of the adorable set up before me. The hush within the clubroom finally made sense, they weren't covering up a murder, they were trying to prevent one.
I crept over to where Mori-senpai was sat next to Kyoya and drew up a chair. 'Good morning Mori-senpai, Kyoya-senpai.' For my efforts I received two small nods, the former's attention fixated on his sleeping cousin and the latter's attention glued to his laptop screen. I tried not to take Kyoya-senpai's behaviour personally after all I knew he was a prick and there were few times he wasn't distracted by work. Yet I still felt a small twinge in my chest. I had looked forward to seeing him since our date, since his confession and here he was barely acknowledging me. Before, I could get too worked up a hand appeared on my knee under the table and gently rubbed up to my thigh. A small smirk played on his lips even as he continued to look at the screen. He was very good at this.
I heard a splashing sound and a familiar yelp and turned to see the twins, clutching Haruhi between them and staring down at a coffee table on which lay a tea stained Usa-chan. That was not good. I immediately turned to Mori-senpai to gage his reaction but he remained as impassive as ever. That was good. If he was not worried, neither was I.
Tamaki-senpai however, was horrified; jumping up and down and gesticulating wildly. This then devolved further into an argument about whether or not Haruhi should be dressed as a 'bunny girl'.
Kyoya sighed. 'Guys since there are no customers here I don't mind you making a racket but are you sure you want to? You'll wake Honey-senpai.' This had the desired effect and the four of them seized their current argument. All three boys jumped for cover behind a sofa facing the sleeping Honey-senpai. Haruhi however, didn't realise the risks involved and walked towards him.
'A high school third year taking naps? Well we can't help the fact his bunny is stained. Let's just wake him up and apologise.' The terrified trio shook their heads frantically and gestured for her to join them in hiding. She reluctantly walked over to them but refused to cower behind the sofa. 'What do you mean?'
'Honey-senpai wakes up in Megaton-class ill humour.' Haruhi began to look nervous as the terrified boys got closer, whispering noisily. 'This is just a rumour but apparently, once the Haninozuka family was in America and Honey-senpai was sleeping off his jet lag when a soldier made the mistake of waking him up. Honey-senpai wiped out two whole platoons of Green berets. There have been diplomatic issues with America ever since.' I rolled my eyes, entirely plausible yet obviously fictitious.
'Worse still, Usa-chan was made by Honey-senpai's favourite, late grandmother and since he carries it around everywhere with him there is little doubt that it is a precious article. Once he wakes up and sees that Usa-chan is irrevocably altered-'
'-We'll be irrevocably altered!' Finished the near hysterical twins.
Haruhi looked unimpressed. 'You're exaggerating. No matter what way you look at it, those stories do not ring true.' Tamaki-senpai edged closer.
'No! There is other evidence that Honey-senpai has an evil split personality. He is type AB.'
'So?'
'That means he has the same blood type as Kyoya!' Haruhi looked horror struck, utterly convinced and they all turned to peer at Kyoya who remained focused on his laptop.
'Do you have some kind of problem with my blood type?'
I grinned at him. 'You can't pretend it's not a compelling argument.'
'Oh really?'
'I'm almost wholly convinced myself.'
'That's very interesting considering your blood type is also AB.' I narrowed my eyes at him.
'And how pray tell did you know that?'
'I hacked your medical records.'
I shook my head in disbelief. 'I could have you arrested.'
'But you won't.' Irritated by his arrogance, I batted his hand off of my leg and folded my arms, fixing my attention on the now stirring Honey-senpai.
Tamaki-senpai and the twins were becoming more panicked by the second. 'This is bad, we have to do something before he wakes up. Hikaru. Kaoru.'
'Sir!'
'Get your parents' Cessna, fly to Osorezan and collect a medium to channel the spirit of Honey-senpai's dead grandmother to help us make a new usa-chan. Take this map of Aomori prefecture. Don't forget the apple juice, apple jam and Nebuta souvenir dolls.' Even the twins were not impressed with this nutty scheme.
'We don't have that much time. We don't mind derangement but please come up with something more constructive.'
'Ok, while we send Usa-chan out for cleaning, Haruhi will wear this bunny suit.' Poor Haruhi immediately attempted to escape.
'No way! And where did you get that thing!? It's too obvious!'
In the argument that ensued, Honey-senpai was awoken and began to stir. As a last minute solution, Tamaki put his bear next to Honey-senpai which was thrown hard onto the ground. This caused new fear in Tamaki-senpai and the twins, especially as the sleepy boy spotted his beloved soft toy. His face became shadowed and enraged, his small form tensed and ready for a fight.
'Who got Usa-chan dirty?' They were all quaking in their boots. Then Mori-senpai decided enough was enough and stepped in to save them.
'Usa-chan said he absolutely had to have some tea.'
'Really? So that's why his face is all dirty! Do you think he wants some cake too?'