Chapter 7

(Seina's POV)
I sat in the sun, gazing around me at the cherry blossoms. It was wonderful to be outside for once.
The host club was holding a cherry blossom viewing and were all dressed up in traditional dress for the event. As a child I'd spend hours underneath the cherry blossom trees during spring and pretend that the falling petals were snowflakes.
The customers all seemed to be enjoying themselves as well though that may have had something to do with the hosts carrying out more over the top behaviour than usual. Kaoru burned his hand getting tea and was immediately pulled into Hikaru's arms. His brother stared tenderly into his eyes and kissed his wounded finger.
'Kaoru you have to watch what you're doing. Just look at me and nothing else.' I made a face in their general direction. Their fangirls were in overdrive babbling about this being an unmissable scene.
Kyoya-senpai who had been eavesdropping nearby swooped in like a bird of prey. 'Just like these cherry blossoms, these moments are indeed fleeting. Luckily I've compiled such moments for your perusal.' He then produced a book with a photo of Kaoru and Hikaru on the cover. He revealed some more, with pictures of the other members. 'Buy all of them for a fixed price deal.' The girls immediately announced their intention to buy the lot.
Kyoya-senpai then came and sat beside me at the small table, a smug look on his face. 'Would you like to purchase one Seina-san?'
I rolled my eyes at him but took one from his hands anyway and flicked through. It just so happened to be his. Kyoya-senpai stared back at me through every page. I laughed at the poses until I came to a picture of him stood on a balcony, his shirt open and the wind ruffling his hair. For a moment I was reminded of our conversation after the dance. I didn't like to admit it but he looked good.
Realising I'd been staring at the picture too long, I slammed the book shut and slid it back across the table to him. My cheeks felt warm and I knew I was blushing.
'I don't need one of these.' I mumbled.
He smirked, 'Like what you see Seina-san?' I scowled at him and unable to devise a suitable rebuttal I changed the subject.
'People are going to start getting the wrong idea if you continue to sit with me all the time.' He looked at me for a moment as if analysing me.
'I don't care.'
He then got up and wandered off to see what Tamaki-senpai was sulking about on that occasion. I watched him for a moment before going to talk with Haruhi and the twins. He was just messing with me as usual. However, I couldn't help keep one eye on his conversation with Tamaki-senpai, who was apparently mourning his lack of a relationship with Haruhi.
The situation then predictably disintegrated from then onwards as Tamaki-senpai denounced the twins as 'shady' and began ranting about how Haruhi should be a proper girl again. Which led to him babbling at me about being a positive, feminine influence. The twins then pointed out that the annual medical exams were almost upon us and Haruhi would inevitably be exposed as a girl. She of course seemed unconcerned. Tamaki-senpai was suddenly babbling cheerfully to himself, eventually we all just left him to it. This was apparently a mistake.

The next day Tamaki-senpai was still enjoying the delusion that once exposed as a girl, Haruhi would fall into his arms. He was apparently convinced that he was the main character and she was his love interest, while the other hosts were the 'homo-homo supporting cast'. That suggestion went down predictably badly. Though Tamaki-senpai did see sense when he was reminded that Haruhi couldn't be a host if she was a girl and she couldn't afford to hang around every day like me. This had him snapping into action and the host club bribing an uncooperative Haruhi with fancy tuna. Perhaps I should just get her some so they could no longer leverage it against her but then again, why spoil the fun.
The next day was the medical exams and we all headed down to the room in our building. Haruhi was fretting about class differences and the twins were doing a surprisingly good job of reassuring her. Pity they were spouting nonsense.
When the door opened she remained shell shocked in the doorway and I gave her shoulder a sympathetic pat as I walked past. I fell into step beside Kyoya-senpai who grabbed me and yanked me sharply to one side. I turned around to scold him but a haggard looking doctor had just crashed into his shoulder. He pulled me out of the way. I felt warmth spread through my chest and he smiled down at me, clearly in a suspiciously good mood.
I quickly found out why as Kaoru and Hikaru were stripping among a crowd of squealing fangirls. Clearly the medical exams were good for business. Soon Hikaru had Kaoru in his arms once again, promising not to let anyone touch him. That would make medical exams challenging. Kaoru was a convincing flustered mess as he brought up them playing doctor at home. I was surprised by how far he was going with sexual implications.
A doctor called Haruhi's name and she disappeared inside a changing cubicle. I was about to ask Kyoya-senpai exactly what the plan was when Tamaki-senpai emerged in a brown wig and announced himself as Haruhi. Everyone stared at him in bewilderment, acutely aware that it was him in a wig. The silence was broken shortly by the twins laughing hysterically, clearly they'd put him up to it.
I stifled a laugh as they celebrated their revenge. Once Tamaki-senpai had been thoroughly victimised and Haruhi was suitably cross, Kyoya-senpai then announced his back up plan. Naturally all the doctors were from his family's hospital and he had therefore arranged a private room for Haruhi.
When I emerged from my medical exam, the boys were stood in a group outside. Apparently a girl had been attacked by a pervert. Kyoya-senpai was in the middle of dismissing the incident when the girl said he was heading to the special boys clinic, where we left Haruhi.
We all looked at each other horrified and rushed in that direction. They burst through the door before I could stop them, concerned for Haruhi's privacy. However, Tamaki-senpai immediately draped his shirt over her as the boys all rounded on the alleged pervert. They looked furious, reminding me of divine avengers.
Despite this it became immediately clear that there had been a misunderstanding and the man was actually just an unfortunate individual who had got lost searching for his estranged daughter. Kyoya-senpai quickly deduced that the man was looking for Ouran Public High School, not the Academy as he was drowning in debt.
As Tamaki-senpai so often does he immediately felt sympathy for the man and had Kyoya-senpai find a map, claiming it was up to him to find out whether he could still play a part in his daughter's life. All this seemed to redeem him in the eyes of Haruhi who announced she would be staying on at the host club and not only because they had bribed her with luxury food stuffs. Tamaki-senpai then gathered her up into a rather enthusiastic and inappropriate embrace, given the circumstances.