6

¤ Lion
Hearts & Colors

So tired from the miles I'm traveling
Getting lost somewhere that I haven't been
When all the bad shit starts happening
I ain't never throwing that towel in

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

It had been one week since Jungkook modeled for Illustration of the Human Form. He wasn't quite sure if he was ready to bare it all again tonight, but he had his reasons for doing this.

He worked three other nights with the professor, though he didn't step foot inside of the classroom once. The man had him running all over campus doing errands, like moving supplies from building to building and scrubbing brushes in a janitor's closet. The work wasn't laborious like his main job, though the late hours tired him out.

On his way over to the class, a weird sense of apprehension lingered in his stomach. He didn't attribute his unease to nerves, having gotten out all his jitters the first time. No self consciousness remained either.

Maybe it had something to do with a certain dark haired, dark eyed boy.

Jungkook first noticed that particular art student towards the beginning of the course last week. He felt a pair of eyes boring into him, different from the quick glances from the other students. When he managed to peek during one of his longer poses, he confirmed the guy's gaze was locked on his body, unwavering.

Even though the professor assured this class was clinical in nature, Jungkook still assumed there'd be some people with wandering eyes. He just didn't expect those people to be so obvious.

A couple girls were openly ogling him as well, so he had made the plan to just avoid looking at anyone. That plan was shattered, however, when the guy spoke to him. They briefly made eye contact before Jungkook remembered to look away. Acknowledging the students in the room just made the whole experience that much more awkward. He didn't like that they could see him at his most vulnerable.

And if there was one thing Jungkook hated, it was being vulnerable.

But then Jungkook caught the guy staring at him again, though this time the student appeared to be embarrassed when their eyes met. After that moment, Jungkook kept his eyes closed for the rest of the class. This was already weird enough and he didn't need to make it weirder.

So as he entered the room tonight, he vowed to look at no one. Maybe he'd get through the two hours with minimal discomfort that way.

Being better prepared this time, Jungkook changed into his robe before going up on the stage. He'd researched a few drawings online to get a sense of what poses were favorable, so he hoped to be less of a let down for the students. He knew they were aggravated with his lack of experience last week, but this time he'd surprise them all.

Maybe.

When Professor Yang announced the start, Jungkook threw off his robe and got to work. By the time they reached the first thirty minute pose, he'd successfully managed to avoid everyone's gazes.

Jungkook settled into a pose he could hold, closing his eyes as he let his mind drift. He thought of his parents, who were always working hard, and his sister, who -

"Can you tilt your head up?" A deep male voice asked, piercing his thoughts.

Jungkook looked in the direction of the voice and was presented with that creepy, staring guy. But instead of averting his gaze instantly, he took a good look at the student. Long, curly hair covered a good portion of his face, which made Jungkook wonder how he could see well enough to draw. None of his other features were distinguishable at such a distance, but one thing did stand out.