13

¤ Your Soul
RHODES

I see you under blue skies
I need a little sunshine
I fell into your brown eyes
I told you I was your light

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"If you guys didn't show up unannounced, you could've stayed longer," Taehyung declared to his three friends, shoving his supplies into a satchel. "But I have class soon and you need to go."

Hoseok, who had his feet in Yoongi's lap, stretched deeper into the couch. "I feel like we never get to see you anymore, Tae. We miss you."

Guilt washed over him. He knew he hadn't been the greatest friend recently, always spending his time perfecting his craft. His friends understood his desire to escape his family, of course, so they never held it against him. But still, he needed to do better. 

Jin, who was fixing his hair in a mirror, piped up. "We should do something this weekend. How does the club sound?"

"Terrible," Taehyung muttered under his breath. The club Jin preferred was always littered with arrogant assholes who enjoyed having drunken bragging competitions.

"Come on, the drinks there are great," the eldest of the group defended, but was waved off by Yoongi.

"I have my poetry reading on Saturday night," Yoongi said as he lifted Hoseok's feet off of him. "How about you all come to that?"

Taehyung and Hoseok agreed, though Jin wasn't so easily sold. "Or what about this? We go to the reading first, then migrate to the club?"

"Why do you want to go to that stupid club so badly?" Yoongi shot him a highly speculative look, one that conveyed his distaste.

Jin shoved his hands in his pockets. "I just think it's an impressive place, that's all."

"Don't tell me you're still trying to impress that new guy," Hoseok said as he sat up. "Your last date sounded like it came out of a romance novel. I'm sure he's already won over."

Taehyung grinned once he realized they were speaking about Namjoon. Based on what Jungkook said about his boss, the guy didn't seem the type to care about opulence and luxury. The simple and thoughtful things would probably mean more to Namjoon, just like they would to Jungkook.

But he wasn't thinking of Jungkook in that way, of course.

"Take Namjoon to the reading, Jin. You guys will be able to talk more there than in that silly club."

All eyes landed on Taehyung.

"How do you know the guy's name?" Hoseok asked in shock. "I've been begging Jin to tell me for days and he wouldn't crack."

Taehyung exchanged glances with the eldest, who appeared ashen. "I know Namjoon's colleague."

That prompted a lot of questions in both Hoseok and Yoongi, but Taehyung didn't provide any further details. Judging by Jin's rigid stance, he didn't appear ready to reveal much about his fledgling relationship. The why wasn't exactly clear, though  Taehyung had his assumptions.

After getting nowhere with their questions, the couple left the apartment with a promise to see the boys on the weekend. Once Jin and Taehyung were alone, the elder rounded on him.

"How do you know about Namjoon?"

"Are you ashamed of him or something?" Taehyung asked, arms crossed over his chest. "Just because he's a construction worker doesn't mean he's beneath you."