44

¤ Take on the World (Slowed)
You Me At Six

And just say the word, we'll take on the world
And nobody knows you, the way that I know you
Look in my eyes, I will never desert you
And just say the word, we'll take on the world.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The following three weeks were busy ones for the entire Jeon family.

Both Taehyung and Juyeon were in full recovery mode, doing all they could to take care of their bodies and recuperate quickly. Between the two, they attended follow-up doctor appointments, took their medications, modified their diet and exercise regimens, and got plenty of rest. They were healing well following their surgeries, with no surprise complications or specific areas of concern. And while it was still too early to know the success of Juyeon's transplant, her doctors were pretty optimistic about the outcome.

As Taehyung recovered from his procedure, he decided to stay with the Jeons at their house. It made sense in the beginning since he needed all the assistance he could get, relying on Jungkook to help him bathe and get dressed. But even as he started feeling better, he wanted to remain as close as possible to Juyeon. The two leaned on each other heavily for emotional support during their recovery, proving their deep bond yet again.

It was a beautiful thing to witness. Jungkook felt blessed that his future husband, the love of his life, loved his family just as much as he did.

And man, did Jungkook's family love Taehyung. Before Jaewoo headed back to the factory, he spent as much time as possible learning everything he could about Taehyung. Jiho doted on him, baking him special treats and cooking his favorite meals. Both of Jungkook's parents also spent a lot of time talking about marriage with the two boys, sharing their own pieces of advice and funny mishaps. And while they knew it'd be years until a wedding, they consistently expressed their excitement and started openly referring to Taehyung as their son.

Juyeon, on the other hand, demanded a wedding now and even started looking up catering companies and florists. Taehyung had to gently remind her they weren't quite ready yet, but as soon as they were, they'd let her help plan the event. That appeased her enough for the moment.

And even though the two weren't married yet - or living on their own, even - they got a taste of what it all would be like. Taking care of Taehyung while he was healing and sharing the same space for so long was like a sneak peak, and Jungkook absolutely loved it. They made a good team, one that knew the value of showing appreciation and helping the other without even being asked.

While most of their days consisted of fun and laughter, they also knew how to be serious as well. They talked more about the secret transplant and how each felt during that difficult day.  Jungkook personally didn't have much more he needed to discuss, though he wanted them to talk it through once and then move on. Both boys agreed it'd be best to work through any pent up emotions together, that way they could emerge a stronger couple.

During that discussion, Jungkook explained that he truly wasn't angry anymore. He knew Taehyung had everyone's best intentions in mind and never meant to hurt any of them. So he focused on what they could do in the future, rather than what should've been done in the past. And above all, he continuously reiterated how he'd always respect Taehyung's decisions, no matter what.

From Taehyung's side, he again acknowledged how he was in the wrong but also provided more color to his thought process. All his life, Taehyung relied on no one but himself. He wasn't used to counting on others for support, and besides, he was so worried about making the Jeons worry unnecessarily. But he understood now and was looking forward to learning from this experience. He said he was so happy to find someone who consistently challenged him to become a better person, and with Jungkook by his side, he knew he'd only continue to learn.