46

¤ Light
Sleeping At Last

'Сause you are loved
You are loved more than you know
I hereby pledge all of my days
To prove it so
Though your heart is far too young to realize
The unimaginable light you hold inside

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

One month later.

Taehyung and Jungkook walked hand in hand to the lake, their faces glowing in the evening's sunset. The younger carried a bag with a blanket and snacks, while Taehyung had a basket with champagne and paper cups. It was a day to celebrate, after all.

It was a busy few weeks since the boys moved in together, yet those weeks had already flown by. There had been a lot of unpacking, moving things to storage, and final preparations for Taehyung's graduation. He conducted his actual final presentations, all that went off without a hitch. He received glowing praises from his professors, several of whom offered recommendations for future job prospects.

And then, just two weeks ago now, Taehyung graduated with his art degree. It was a momentous event where he was surrounded by family and friends, with everyone cheering for him when he walked across the stage and received his diploma. Jiho and Jaewoo hosted a party at their house, a celebratory affair that lasted early into the morning.

It was a day and night that would always hold a lot of memories for Taehyung.

Another development was a job lead Taehyung had as a concept artist for a design company. Two interviews were already conducted and a final one was scheduled for next week. After some serious thinking - as well as some discussions with Jungkook - he decided it was smart to pursue a good paying job until he could support himself as a portrait artist. It would take years to build a diverse portfolio and to develop his clientele, so he was willing to broaden his exposures to gain unique experiences. In his free time, however, Taehyung would do commissions and participate in various art events.

In this field, it was important to continuously improve upon skills and to network as much as possible. It would certainly take a lot of work, but Taehyung didn't find that fact daunting.

On a different note, Jungkook's contract at the construction site wrapped up. The building he'd been working on for a year was finished right before Taehyung's graduation, a gorgeous addition to the campus. And when Namjoon asked if Jungkook wanted to resign for a new project, the younger declined.

He was going to pursue his artistic dreams.

Jungkook successfully enrolled in a couple of summer courses at the university, with a full schedule to begin in the fall. A counselor helped him to map out a game plan for the rest of his academic studies, suggesting ways to fit three years worth of classes into just two. That curriculum was rigorous and somewhat daunting, however, the younger was always up for a challenge. He agreed to give it a try, and if it proved to be too much, he'd take a step back.

Following Jungkook's photography exhibit, he'd met a few clients who wanted to commission him. On the side, Jungkook would work with them and earn a livable wage in return. He also spent some time on a few other promising activities, like a contest to be featured in a major geographic magazine.

On the weekends, Taehyung and Jungkook took road trips to find gorgeous scenery and stunning landscapes for them both to practice their skills on. While Jungkook would carefully wander around their setting for his perfect shot, Taehyung would grab a blanket and start sketching the views.

It was one of the boys' favorite things to do as a couple.

And while Taehyung continued to improve his landscape drawing abilities, he found there was one subject he no longer had trouble drawing - Jungkook. The younger's muscles, tattoos, and overall physique came easily to him now. Of course, it helped that Taehyung had Jungkook's nude body around him all the time, so much so he could picture a naked Jungkook in his mind perfectly.