25

¤ Stone
Jaymes Young ↲

So give me all your pain
And love will set you free
Give me all your shame
Put all your weight on me
And I'll be the stone that you need me to be

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Jungkook woke before Taehyung, finding that they were in essentially the same position as when they fell asleep.

While it was still early - the clock hadn't even hit six in the morning yet - he needed to make some necessary preparations for the day. Slipping out of bed, he found his phone and texted Namjoon. He rarely used any sick days and had accumulated quite a few, so he let his boss know he wasn't coming in. Then, just to cover all his bases, he let his mother know how to reach him if need be.

There was no way in hell he was leaving Taehyung's side today.

After his messages were sent, he rejoined Taehyung and carefully hugged him into his chest. His heart still hurt so much for the boy and he knew that was nothing compared to what Taehyung was feeling. And although Jungkook couldn't do anything to erase the past, he could give everything he had to help Taehyung heal.

To know he was safe and valued and important.

He tucked his head against Taehyung's, closing his eyes once more and falling back asleep.

Some time later, Jungkook awoke to gentle fingers carding through his hair. Upon opening his eyes, he found himself on Taehyung's bare chest, practically drooling all over his skin. The elder was half-propped up against the headboard, tenderly looking down at him. Jungkook wiped at his mouth and turned over, using Taehyung's stomach as a pillow.

"Hi," Jungkook said softly, his hand reaching up to tuck some of Taehyung's hair behind his ear. "Did you sleep okay?"

Taehyung smiled down at him. "Because of you, yeah."

Jungkook smiled in return, happy to see the familiar light in the elder's eyes. It made him warm, like Taehyung's joy was the sun beaming down over his body and heart. He only hoped he made him feel that way, too.

"You're going to be late for work," the elder pointed out, sweeping more hair off Jungkook's forehead. "We should get up."

Jungkook took hold of Taehyung's free hand, interlinking their fingers before kissing his knuckles. "We're going to stay in bed today, Tae. Order food, watch movies. That sort of thing."

A familiar spark flashed in the elder's eyes. "Netflix and chill?"

"You know Netflix and chill doesn't actually mean Netflix and chill, right?"

Taehyung smiled wide again, hand tracing the edges of Jungkook's lips. "I know . . . Kook?"

He pursed his lips against Taehyung's fingers, giving them a small kiss.

"You don't have to stay with me today if you don't want to."

"Why wouldn't I want to hang out with my boyfriend all day?" Jungkook said, carefully lifting off the elder and facing him eye to eye. "I want to be here with you, Tae."

"Okay," Taehyung said as he gripped the back of Jungkook's neck, sighing dramatically and mischievously. "I guess I can tolerate you for a few more hours."

Jungkook let his head be pulled closer to his, smirking the whole time. "You guess you can tolerate me? Wow, I've never felt so appreciated or respected before."

Taehyung winked playfully, then attempted to close the distance between them. But Jungkook moved his head at the last moment, causing the elder to kiss his cheek instead.