Author's Note

¤ Take on Me
Hidden Citizens

Take on me
Take me on

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Thank you so much for reading Take on Me! And on a corny note, thank you for taking on this adventure with me as well - listening to this song again now . . . Wow. I can't believe we've reached the end.

I feel like I've been with these characters for so long now and I am going to miss them more than I can explain. I've learned so much from telling their stories and feel like I've grown to be more compassionate and understanding.

I've said it a few times now, but Take on Me has become my absolute favorite story I've ever written. A big part of this is because of my personal development, but more so, it's because of my emotional attachment to these characters. I know I'll never let them go, but instead always remember the impact they had on me.

The idea for this story started so randomly - I was in the process of brainstorming storylines, and somehow I happened across an article about people who modeled for nude art classes. Something clicked in my head and I knew that was going to be my next story. But I never anticipated how many serious, real world issues I'd talk about.

Once I knew the path I was going to take, I did as much research as humanly possible. I read stories from people who survived sexual assault. I learned as much as possible about chronic kidney disease. And throughout it all, I was so emotional. I knew I had to capture the bravery and resilience that these people have gone through in real life. That was my underlying inspiration.

It terrified me to go down this path, as I was so afraid of unintentionally hurting someone. But I vowed to try to tell a story that celebrated this bravery. I hope that's the impression I've left you all with.

And man, do I have a lot to thank you guys for. Thank you for reading, voting, commenting - thank you for it all. I never expected this sort of love and support and it steals my breath away just to think about. I still can't believe how kind everyone is on here, so I thank you for all the beautiful words you've left me over the course of my time on Wattpad.

To those of you who shared your personal stories with me, explaining how you resonated with Tae, JK, Juyeon, or any of these characters - thank you. The courage you had to open up, to enlighten myself and others, is so breathtaking and inspiring. I hope to be just as strong as you one day.

Book #4, my fourth full length Taekook story, will be coming to your libraries soon! I have a TON of planning to do for this one. It's a story unlike anything I've ever written, but I am so excited for its potential. No news on when this will be coming out yet, but you all know me. I can never stay away for too long.

(Update on the above: This story is now released! Please check out No Going Back!)

If this is my first book that you've read, please consider moving on to another one of my stories! I'm Here is a fun, friends-to-lovers option. If you prefer a story with a secret connection between the main characters, The Arrangement is the one for you. And if you're looking to explore a new ship, check out my very fluffy Yoonkook short story, The Hoax.

If you want to be notified about my future stories (or if you want to receive writing tips, which I'll be posting weekly on my page), give me a follow to stay up to date!

I love you all so much and will forever be appreciative of all you've done for me. You, my valentines, mean the world to me.

On a parting note, I wanted to include something I wrote for myself. When I felt disconnected from writing a few months back, I wasn't sure if all my hard work was worth it. I was stuck and didn't know how to break free from my doubts. I wrote the below snippet, questioning if I'd ever realize my dreams.

But now, I know wholeheartedly that my answer is yes. This is worth it because it gives me joy. That's all that matters at the end of the day, really. I will continue putting my all into my passions so I can chase my dreams.

I hope you all can do the same.

Forever Yours,
ναℓєη

Forever Yours,ναℓєη