8

¤ Together
The xx ↲

I said it's been a long time
Since someone looked at me that way
It's like you knew me
And all the things I couldn't say

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"So this is where we'll be working," Taehyung mumbled a bit awkwardly, waving his hands over his art room.

Jungkook arrived just moments before, appearing at his door with slightly damp hair. It hung over his forehead and stuck to his skin, the strands messy and out of place.

Taehyung's hands twitched to draw his portrait, needing to capture the effect. But he reminded himself that was not the goal of today. No, the goal was to better his technique when it came to drawing a muscular build.

That didn't mean he couldn't do a portrait another time though . . .

After letting the model inside, Taehyung skipped the tour of his apartment and went straight to his art room. He'd forgotten to tidy up the disarray of nude drawings, so he quickly pushed them towards the wall. While he wasn't embarrassed by the hordes of canvases, he didn't want Jungkook to feel uncomfortable. The boy was probably already uncomfortable enough.

Jungkook strolled around the room, bending down to study some of the drawings more closely. "How many do you have in here?"

"Drawings? I don't know. They just kind of pile up."

The model hummed in response, thumbing through a few more before he straightened back up. "So . . . how do you typically do this? Should I get changed here? I'm sure your other commissions don't ask such dumb questions, but I'm obviously new to this."

"I've never commissioned a model from the class before," Taehyung said, pulling out his easel and a couple of chairs. "This is new for me, too."

Jungkook took one of the chairs and sat down. "Really? I assumed all art students would be hiring out people to draw or something."

"I've never had a need to before. You're the first person I can't draw," Taehyung revealed with a slight tint of irritation.

He continued setting up his supplies until everything was prepared. Multiple sheets of paper awaited him, as did charcoal pencils with varying degrees of lead hardness. The lighting in the room was soft, helping the room to feel warm and inviting.

Jungkook reached for the back of his shirt, pulling it over his head with both hands. The action surprised Taehyung, who could only gape at the muscles now exposed to him. The guy was absolutely ripped, the sight making Taehyung's stomach clench in something he hadn't felt in a long time.

"Were you not ready for me?" Jungkook asked, a smirk dancing on his lips as he took in Taehyung's wide eyes. His hands went to the button of his jeans.

"Keep your pants on for now," Taehyung said gruffly, turning away from his shirtless model as he settled behind the easel.

"I thought you wanted to practice drawing me nude?"

Picking up a pencil, Taehyung gripped the drawing tool tightly. "But I haven't even wined and dined you yet. Are you so eager to get undressed for me? Are you getting excited?"

Jungkook threw him a glare, but removed his fingers from his pants. "It's not like I enjoy stripping down for strangers, you know. I'm not doing this for shits and giggles."

"Relax your shoulders and face me head on," Taehyung instructed as he started outlining Jungkook's frame. "Then why are you doing this? Lose a dare?"