41

¤ One Moment More
Mindy Smith

Give me
Just one part of you to cling to
And keep me
Everywhere you are
It's just enough to steal my heart and run
And fade out with the falling sun

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Jungkook was engaged.

Jungkook was engaged to Kim Taehyung.

One day, however many years down the road it took, Taehyung was going to become his husband.

To say Jungkook was thrilled would be a massive understatement. He had no words to describe how he felt. He wasn't sure if such words even existed.

When everything happened yesterday, when he was teasing Taehyung about proposing, he seriously wasn't thinking they'd actually get engaged. They were so young and there were so many questions about their futures. But Taehyung's words - about their love, about always being there for each other - resonated with him and he knew.

Taehyung was his future.

Wherever life took them, Taehyung was always going to be his constant. As long as he had the elder by his side, he'd never want for anything else. They would be happy and safe and surrounded by love and support.

How did he get this lucky?

Jungkook was engaged. Saying it now, over and over and over in his head, still felt surreal. He had a fiancé. He was a fiancé.

It didn't matter to him how long they spent as an engaged couple. One year, five, or ten . . . He wanted to enjoy each and every day he had at this stage in their relationship. And realistically, neither of them were ready to be married just yet. They didn't know what the next two months looked like, let alone two years. Their immediate futures were so uncertain, yet both Jungkook and Taehyung were so certain about one thing - each other.

So maybe they wouldn't get married for a long time, until they lived in their own home and had secure careers. But that was okay. Knowing that they were engaged and committing to each other was way more than enough. It was right. Neither of them needed any additional time or life experience to realize this was it. Both acknowledged that they'd known this fact from the very beginning.

And now, here they were.

Jungkook never knew a love like this could exist. Sure, he saw the amazing and strong partnership between his parents, but he never expected to find the same thing for himself. But the fact that he did . . . It was no small miracle. It was something that deserved to be celebrated.

And they would celebrate it, though it'd have to wait for the time being. Both Taehyung and Jungkook agreed that Juyeon came first right now. They wanted to give her all of their love and attention, to celebrate this beautiful blessing with her. But once she was a little more settled after the surgery, they'd announce their own exciting news to their family and friends.

Without a doubt in the world, the entire Jeon family was going to be so thrilled for Jungkook and Taehyung. Jungkook could already picture Juyeon, clapping and jumping as she took credit for the entire thing. She'd tell everyone how she was the one to make it happen. Jungkook's parents would have tears in their eyes once they learned of the engagement; they loved Taehyung so much as well and already considered him a part of the family.

Imagining their faces was nearly making Jungkook bounce with excitement, but he knew he had to reign it in for now. Once Juyeon was released from the hospital and was feeling better, Taehyung and he would tell them all.