Chapter 3: The Unwanted Guest

Nobody can be as agreeable as an uninvited guest.

-Kin Hubbard

Willow Kinsella's POV

I hurriedly stood up to remove myself from Neon's body. I could feel the heat that spread through my cheeks faster than a bullet train. From the moment he regain his consciousness I've been to every awkward situation as far as he was concerned.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled apologetically, trying to help him from the floor. He's complaining about the throbbing pain in his body. "I'm really sorry, Neon! Oh, God..."

"Sonofabitch..." He repeated, wincing at every move as I help him to his feet. "What's wrong with you, woman."

"It's your fault! You keep on teasing me, that's why." I couldn't help but be defensive while deep inside I feel guilty about pushing him way too strong temporarily forgetting about his injury.

"You nearly reopen the stitches in my head with your tackle." He remarked smartly as I help him sat on the bed.

"Oh, lord..." I said, worriedly looking at the bandage in his head there's no blood yet from the gauze so maybe it didn't open up as he thought. "Did it open? Maybe I should call Dr. Mitchell...I'm sorry, Neon."

He carefully touched his wounded head. "Are you a pro-wrestler? Maybe you forgot to tell me that information."

If I thought that my cheeks would not go redder than at the moment I was sorely mistaken. My eyes widened in his direction. "I am not! I swear, I didn't mean to push you that hard. I thought you are stronger than that but I guess I was wrong."

Deep green eyes stared at me with annoyance in their depth. "I am. Are you forgetting about my injury?"

"Well, it's your fault," I said, trying not to feel guilty about this whole mess. "If you are not joking around me this will not happen to you."

"Now you are blaming me."

"Yes," I said hurriedly, throwing the clothes I bought in town in his bed. "Here are the clothes I bought for you I think they will fit. I will just help the boys in fixing the fence on the perimeter next to our neighbor Big R ranch."

I didn't wait for his reply and went out of his room with a flaming face. Once I closed the door firmly behind me. I could still feel that my heart was once again racing in my chest. Goodness, I need to keep my distance from him the next time I was in his company. This temporary guest in my ranch was a danger to my sanity.

I took a deep breath before coming down the stairs but I still couldn't forget that sinfully handsome green-eyed man I left on the second floor. He might temporarily forget his past but he certainly didn't forget his playful and cynical manner.

I wonder what kind of man he was in the past.

I didn't have time to dwell on my thoughts about him that long when I was about to reach the entrance door of the house. I frowned when I heard voices talking outside who might that be? I thought silently as I went out to find out.

My eyes instantly gave the unwanted guest in my ranch a disapproving look. I went out of the porch and glared at the man standing next to his fancy pickup truck while discussing with Jace.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in annoyance placing my hand in the middle of my chest silently preparing for war.

The blond man with a pair of icy blue eyes smiled in my direction as he touched his Stetson hat with his fingers for a greeting. "Good morning, Will."

There was something inside me tick when he had to call me like he used to call me before. "As far as I am concern there's nothing good in the morning if you are around. What brings you here, Mr. Graves?"