Chapter 10: The Surrender

All of our reasoning ends in surrender to feeling.

-Blaise Pascal

Willow Kinsella's POV

I went to answer the door and my eyes widened when I saw Neon standing outside with hellfire in his eyes.

What's going on?

"Yes?" I inquired lightly but my heart pounded so loudly in my chest I could swear he can hear it from this distance. "Do you want something?"

"Actually, I do." He replied softly in a dangerously low voice, the hellfire in his eyes was still there and he's making me nervous not for fear but something else entirely. "The boys are having a barbecue party outside, come outside."

"I think I'll pass."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I swallowed hard, unable to remove my gaze from his magnificent eyes. He took a step forward but I held my ground on my doorway holding the doorknob tightly as if it was my only lifeline. "I am not in the mood I want to go to bed right now and here I thought you want another pecan pie?" I jested lightly trying to brush off the awkwardness that surrounds us at this moment.

"I think, I am..." He suggested seductively. "But it's a different kind of pie that I am craving tonight."

The air in my lungs had been knocked off at his words. My heart thundered on my chest as if there was a stampede. "Stop playing games with me, Neon. Go back to the barbecue party outside."

"I am not playing games with you, Willow." This time he closed the distance that separate us until we're only an inch apart from one another. I could almost smell his spicy aftershave. "I came here because I want to know why you are avoiding me throughout the day."

"I am not avoiding you."

"Oh yeah?" He asked maddeningly, his beautiful eyes gleamed despite the darkness around us. "That's not why I think. Tell me, did I do something wrong?"

"You are not making any sense." I tried to laugh but even in my ear, I knew how off its sound. "You are not making any sense, Neon. Did you overdose on your pain meds tonight? You should go back to bed and let's call it a night now, shall we?"

I was about to close the door in his face when a large palm flatten on the wooden surface of my doorway and stop it from closing. "I stop drinking those prescription days' ago, Willow."

"Good night, Neon." Too bad before I have the chance to shut the door firmly he already made his way inside my room and lock it behind him. I pretend to scandalize with his aggressive demeanor tonight. "What do you think you're doing?"

He raked his gaze on me from head to toe ardently. Suddenly, I felt that my exposed skin went hot with his scorching scrutiny. And then he said without an inch of remorse. "I came here to seduce you."

I gasped at his brass announcement as I took a step backward until I hit the mattress. "You got to be kidding me. I have no time for your game."

"This is not a game, sweetheart." He replied, stalking me slowly like a predator who was about to catch his prey. "I want you from the moment I saw you and now I will have you." He paused for a moment probably gauging my reaction. "And you will let me have you, right?"

"Be sensible, will you?" I tried to put some distance between us putting him at arms' length. "You are not on your usual self tonight. Maybe you need to sleep now."

"What do you know about my 'usual' self when I can't even remember my name?" His smile was dangerous and seductive at the same time. It was that kind of smile the devil might use to get what he wants no matter what. "Don't worry, I will sleep...later."