Chapter 8: The Dance

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.

-Satchel Paige

Willow Kinsella's POV

I didn't sleep a wink last night. My mind was filled with the images of that handsome devil with dark green eyes. I still don't know what had happened last night one moment I was tackled and pinned to the ground when I mistakenly startled him as he was deep in his thoughts—and the next, I found myself trapped in his arms and he was kissing me with such fervor.

I ran my fingers at my thoroughly kissed lips last night. It's been a while since I've been kissed since Matt and I broke up years ago.

But the man could kiss. He's been an expert on how to seduce a woman with his sinful mouth making her forget all the other men she had kissed in the past that's how good he was in smooching.

Albert barked beside me on the bed. I forced myself to focus on him as I smiled. "You're hungry, buddy?"

The dog barked again and jumped out of the bed. I went to the bathroom as I brush my teeth and washed my face before coming down to the kitchen to fix some breakfast for us.

I stopped dead from my place when I standing next to the kitchen countertops enjoying his cup of coffee. He smiled as his magnificent eyes twinkle with delight. "Morning."

"Morning..." I mumbled softly, avoiding his intense gaze. I went to the cupboard to get Albert some food before pouring myself a coffee from the coffee maker.

"Sleep well?"

I stared at him from the rim of my mug and gauging his expression. What's with his small talks early this morning? I looked away again. "Yes, thank you," I answered though in reality I was sleep deprived due to his kisses last night. "And you?"

"Not really..."

My gaze shot back to him instantly. I stopped drinking my coffee and search for his face. "Why? Did you dream again?"

Those green eyes smiled down at me that making me shiver down my spine. "Not really. I was kept awake with a different matter."

"Like what?" I queried nonchalantly.

And then he focused his gaze on my lips. I suddenly felt uncomfortable in my position standing across from him the wooden table was the only thing that separate us. "Something like when will I have the chance to kiss your lovely lips again?"

My breath was caught at his words. He was a devil I can attest to that now even though he has amnesia at the moment that doesn't mean he has forgotten his flirtatious manner. This guy was a ladies' man I am sure of that. "So you don't regret that kiss?"

"Those kisses." He corrected me gently, there was deviltry playing in his mouth right this moment. "Of course, I don't regret them, Signorina."

"That foreign language again. I think you're not pure American."

His eyebrow furrowed. "What?"

"Nothing," I said shaking my head. There's no need to remind him that now. It would just throw him in a bad mood early in the morning.

"Why would I regret kissing you?" He inquired casually, going back to our original topic when silence filled the kitchen.

I shrugged casually, unable to look away from his forceful eyes. "I don't know, maybe blame the alcohol for your unpredictable action, I think."

He smirked wolfishly in the direction that made me feel suddenly hot inside. "A bottle of beer cannot do anything to my consciousness. Besides, even if I was so drunk I know what I am doing like kissing you for instance."