Chapter 21: The Jealousy

You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.

-Gary Allan

Nikos Pallis's POV

I stood at the lawn of the Palazzo di Fiorenza talking to Leandro, Lucca, and his wife enjoying seeing the familiar faces. Being detained here in Sicily for a whole week makes me missed Greece or New York as long it's away from Cesare's dire humor.

I couldn't wait for my wife and me to finally go home. Right now my beautiful wife was with her father helping him entertain their guests. Our light and friendly conversation were interrupted by another man with equally dreadful humor like my father-in-law. "Having fun without me? I'm so wounded."

Lucca and Leandro rolled their eyes while I—this was probably the first time I would be happy to see him. I smiled at him while Tatiana exchanged cheek-to-cheek kisses with Francesca. "You're late."

"How can you be late for a party?" He drawled with the signature smug smile on his face. "A man like me is never late on anything. By the way, is this Enzo Fiorenza's homecoming party? I thought they are shooting The Bachelor Italy. Look at those single ladies eagerly wants to get the attention of the man of the hour."

"Nikos has a gift for you that you will surely like, Marco." Leandro quipped sipping his champagne glass.

"Oh, really?" This sarcastic Italian's eyes lit with excitement. "What is it, amico? Be sure that I will like it or else I will snap your head for ruining my announcement."

"Announcement? What announcement?" I asked with a frown.

He shook his head while getting a fluke of champagne to the passing waiter. "You first."

I scanned the crowd for a moment and finally be able to spot Enzo busy giving someone a deathly glare. I tapped Marco's shoulder with my hand and discreetly gesturing the man in question who was busy sending murderous look at Rafe's brother-in-law. "We have a gift for you, boy. Look at that guy any day now he will sign his name in your club."

The Italian bastard's eyes merely ignited with amusement. "Since I have the misfortune to be your dorm mate back in College this is probably the first time you say something that made me happy, amico. I hope everyone is like you getting members for our club."

Those words were solely directed to the other men with us who also happens to be a member of his freaking club they remain silent ignoring his barbs. "He's busy giving Rafe's brother-in-law nonstop deathly glares since the woman he fancy is in other man's arms. Leila's doing, I might add."

"She's the best." Marco complimented my sister-in-law with soaring pride. "I have never been more proud of her helping her big brother like this. This must be the reason why she's so eager to find her cousin in the first place. I never regret my decision to help her locate that wayward soldier."

"Stop being dramatic," I informed him with impatience. "He has a long way before he can join your club. He doesn't realize the 'L' word yet. You have to wait a little longer since he is slowly catching up. Now about your announcement."

"Ah, yes." He raised his champagne, placing his hand around his wife's waist. He gave us a conceited smile again while his wife blush. "Francesca is pregnant with baby number two. You know I have a duty to continue our family dynasty, right?"

Tatiana squealed with delight hugging her close friend tightly. "I'm so happy for you, Francesca. And of course for you Marco."

We congratulate them on the happy news. Marco gave the duke a sardonic look. "If I were you, Lucca. I will start making baby number three. I hate to see my goddaughter and godson grow up without another sibling."