Chapter 20: The Party

One does not leave a convivial party before closing time.

-Winston Churchill

Willow Kinsella's POV

And so the night of the party had finally come.

I sat in my room in front of the makeshift makeup studio brought by the make-up artist and hairdresser as they work on their magic on me. They were the trusted go-to makeup and hairstylist by the Fiorenza twins.

My hair and makeup were done when I light knock on my bedroom door sounded. Leila peeped her head at the doorway. "You done? May I come in?"

I smiled at her, standing up on my makeup chair as I secure the knot of my robe around my waist. "Please come in, I'll just slip on my gown and I am done."

The hairstylist and makeup artist went out of my room and I was left alone with this woman. She went further inside my room and my eyes widened at how revealing her dress was tonight. "Oh goodie, I am just on time then."

I surveyed her evening dress silently. She wore this gold satin wraparound dress with a dipped neckline and high slit on the side. It seems that she realized that I was staring at her dress. "Do you like my dress?" She made a show of twirling around so I could see that she doesn't wear a bra. "I bet my husband doesn't."

"You're telling me he doesn't know that you are wearing that outfit?"

"Yep." She answered cheerfully, her eyes lit with deviltry. "But I couldn't wait to see his reaction. I am sure he has a thing or two to say about this."

I shook my head in disbelief. "You are unbelievable."

"Now about your dress. Let me help you with it. Where's your dress?" She searched around my room and found a dust bag hanging on the corner. "Is this the one you will wear tonight?"

I only managed to nod and watch her pull down the zipper to reveal the dress Enzo personally choose yesterday.

"Hmm..." Leila started, looking at the blush pink gown carefully. "It's beautiful but it's not sexy enough in my opinion. It covers most of your body like a nun's habit."

"Your cousin choose that one and he also paid for it." I supplied, looking at the sheer long sleeve with flower and crystal embroidery gown.

From the look of Leila's eyes, one would say she just learn that she won the lottery jackpot. "He did?"

"Along with the other stuff that would complete my ensemble tonight."

There was a calculated smile fitted in her wine-colored lips. "Well, look at that. Our dear Enzo finally behaves like a true gentleman instead of being rude to Patri's guest. Now I understand why he chooses this particular design for you."

My eyebrows drew together. "Why is that?"

"Because he doesn't like the idea of—" She broke off when her mobile sounded. "Excuse me. Hello? Oh, really?" She gave me a meaningful look before focusing on the other line. "All right, I will come now." When I gave her a questioning glance she added. "That's Coco who just call she tells me that her brother—your date—finally arrive."

"Oh..." Suddenly, I felt a bit nervous about the whole thing.

"Let's get you to dress the other guests are starting to gather in the garden," Leila commented carefully laying the pretty gown in the bed. "Let's start to shake this party, shall we?"

I removed my robe and Leila help me slip into the dress. I gasped when I saw how it now fits perfectly on me. I feel like a princess tonight I never thought that I could wear anything this fancy. Leila also get the silver shoes from their box and let me slip through them.