Chapter 22: The Vacation

Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?

-Zig Ziglar

Willow Kinsella's POV

My heart was pounding in my chest as I stood from the sidelines of the progressing party in Palazzo di Fiorenza. The elites of the Sicilian society were all present at this festivity. I tried to smile and join the conversation with Oliver Spencer in my side enjoying my last day here on the beautiful island of Sicily.

He's been a perfect gentleman throughout the night, putting a secured hand around my waist to prevent me from falling with the heeled shoes I've been wearing. From what I could see he's a pro when it comes to this kind of gathering talking casually with people we just met here as if he'd known them for a long time but at the same time he's making sure that I was not left out of the discussion.

Even though I was far away as possible from the celebrant I've been always aware of his presence and right now he was standing next to his uncle ignoring the females who were clearly eager to talk to him.

It seems that Oliver was also aware of his brooding look when he lowered his head and whisper something in my ear. "Enzo Fiorenza is kinda cute when he's jealous. He hasn't stopped giving me a deathly glare since we join the party. He likes you a lot."

I couldn't help the stains that spread through my cheeks at his words. Part of me—a tiny part of me hope how those words could be true. But I just probably deluding myself here.

"Would you honor me a dance, Miss Kinsella?"

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest upon hearing his deep voice beside us. I swore he was just standing near his uncle moments ago. From the look on his face rejecting him was not an option I glance to Oliver who gave me a reassuring smile. "It's okay."

I looked at his hand that was held out in my direction, completely aware of the curious stare we're getting from other people. I slowly took the offer and he rudely snatch me to his side lightning fast.

He smiled at Oliver that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Thank you very much for looking after my girl while I am busy but I'll take it from here."

I gasped at his words while the British guy merely raised an eyebrow in his direction but says nothing. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked as soon as we're in the middle of the dance floor. "You've been acting weird."

His dark green eyes slit like a dagger in my direction. "I will kill him if you will not stop flirting with him, Willow. I meant it."

I gasped at his words, looking back to the poor Oliver who had been a nice companion since the party started. "What are you talking about?"

"Why the devil did you agree to be his date in the first place?" He asked irritably as he pull me closer to his body until we're probably making a scene in the middle of the dance floor. "Are you out of your mind?"

"It was your cousin's suggestion..." I mumbled as he starts to sway me to the sultry music. His hip making an aggressive move between my legs. "...she said I need a date for this party."

"Which cousin?"

"Leila."

"That woman." He muttered with a dangerous tone of voice. "I need to have word with that evil woman."

"Why are so angry?" I asked searching his face for an answer. But the anger was still visible in his face.

He looked down at me with such intensity in his eyes. "I paid for your dress and other ensembles and yet some other man will enjoy the benefit of it. I will not let that happen."