Chapter 13: The Longing

Is there anything better than to be longing for something, when you know it is within reach?

-Greta Garbo

Willow Kinsella's POV

It's been two days since he left all of a sudden and yet I'm still miserable as ever from the night he suddenly left me wondering what the hell just happened after seducing me thoroughly. He's only been here for eight days to be exact and yet everywhere I turn around the house it seems that he left his imprint.

My eyes were misted with tears again as I curled in my bed and let the misery eat me every second that pass. Having cheated by a man with your friend was one thing—but it was an entirely different thing when you were rejected by the same man in less than twelve hours after you have sex with him. It was the most inhumane thing that could happen to a person.

When I learned about Matt's betrayal of me I swear to myself that I would never let a guy do that to me again. I learned my lesson the hard way and now it seems I realized that I never learn a thing from my past experience.

I flipped open my laptop again and stare at the candid photo of Vicenzo Fiorenza on my computer screen. There were only one or two photos of him available on the internet. It seems that he doesn't always attend society parties but his cousins the twins—I couldn't tell which is which from the two but apparently the other twin was the favorite fodder of the Sicilian tabloids.

It wasn't really hard to dig for information about their powerful family. From what I read on the internet their family was like some sort of royalty in Sicily and they were considered to be one of the wealthiest. His parents' died for undisclosed reasons when he was still young and since then his uncle took care of him and groomed him to be his heir someday.

We're really worlds apart that's why probably a relationship with him would only end in doom since we're practically living in a different world.

I suddenly shut my laptop screen and let out a groan. There's no way I would let my misery eat me. The sooner I accept that there's no chance for us the better for me to move on with my life. I would just think he's like my one-night-stand though I don't do such a thing.

I threw the covers and I jumped out of my bed as I took a shower removing every trace he had put in my body and from my memories. If he could throw away whatever we have in the blink of an eye I can do the same.

As the droplets of water pour over my head so do my tears streaming down in my face. I promised myself that this would be the last time I would let myself cry over him. No man was worth my tears.

After probably an hour in the shower I step out with a towel wrapped around my body and pulled out my working clothes since I intend to bury myself with ranch work until my body and mind were too tired to think about him.

"Come on, Albert. It's time to go out enough of sulking." I told my dog when I was ready to continue my life the way it was before I met him.

I finally went out of the house since he left two days ago. Once I was outside I saw the white fence corral we just painted happily in what feels like a different universe now. I could almost feel that my eyes were starting to get blurry again.

Aren't you tired of crying about him? I asked myself silently fighting away the hot tears that threaten to fall in my years again. The last thing I want was to cry about him while working outside.

I sniffed as I try to block the images inside my head. I could do this, I assured myself silently. Life goes on without him.

"About time you show up again, boss." Jace jested lightly coming towards me with a brotherly smile on his face. "I thought it will take at least a week before you come out of the house. You okay?"