Chapter 30: The Promised

Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans.

-Peter Drucker

Willow Kinsella's POV

I stared outside the seaside beachfront house of Santi Marchesi watching the women clad in string bikinis laying on the white sand in hope of achieving a natural tan. The last thing I want was a sudden detour in Los Angeles on my way home.

I can't stay here any longer our ranch is in trouble I cannot stay here in California and play with this dangerous man. If I stay here any longer I might lose my ranch. I already thought of escaping from here but his mansion was guarded by bodyguards around.

"Want to swim outside?" The question came from the same man who brought me here against my will. So far he'd been a good host to me since we arrived here late last night. But at the same time, I am still wary of his intention on why he's doing this. Besides, from what I notice he's a dangerous man his house surrounded by men all wearing black and carrying guns.

"No, thank you," I replied with a tight smile, glancing back to the slightly crowded beach.

"Sleep well last night?"

"Yes." I lied through my teeth since I didn't sleep a wink last night. My mind was a mess. I barely can keep up with what's going on in my life since I met Enzo Fiorenza.

"I have such a nice view outside, don't you think?" He went to stand beside me at his floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

I eyed him guardedly. It seems that he has a double meaning in his words so I just choose not to answer him.

"By the way," he said conversationally while his eyes were fixed on the women outside appreciating their figures with his eyes. "Your friends are on the way to get you here. They should be here any moment."

My gaze shot at him instantly. "Friends?"

"Yes," he nodded as he permitted himself to smile a bit. "I didn't know that you are closed to the Fiorenza family."

"You know them?"

He smirked in my direction, tucking his hands on each side of his expensive trousers. "Who doesn't know the Fiorenza of Sicily?"

"How did you know them?" I asked curiously.

He cocked an eyebrow, there was a slight smile on his face. "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious, that's all."

"If I tell you then I have to kill you." He replied in a monotone. The smile was still playing in his mouth but the truthfulness of his words can be seen in his dark eyes. This man was really dangerous for my liking. "Is that okay with you?"

"Excuse me, sir." One of his burly bodyguards had said from the doorway. "But they are here."

He turned his attention in my direction with the same playful smile. "They are here, my dear."

My heart suddenly pounded in my chest. Did he mean the Fiorenza was here to pick me up? Was...was he also here? Before I could dwell more with my thought five familiar men entered the living room but my eyes were only fixed on him.

Enzo.

He's here. Despite trying to tame down the happiness that surged me seeing him here with his friends. The pleasure of seeing him in flesh again after our bitter goodbye made me want to jump in his arms right now but I stood on my ground.

"Long time no see, Santi." Marco greeted the man with a handshake. "It's good to see you again."

"Good to see you too."