Chapter 11: The Fiorenza Heir

Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.

A.    P. J. Abdul Kalam

Willow Kinsella's POV

The following morning after a sleepless night I found him outside stacking up the hay in the barn. I was dead-set to confront him to ask him what went wrong last night why he suddenly acting cold and distant from me after having sex.

I approached him with a determined stride from my boots. I would not let this get away not after he has given me a valid reason for doing that unacceptable behavior.

"Can we talk?" I asked without preamble.

I heard him stiffened as he took a deep breath and continue to stack the hays. "I'm busy, Willow."

That's it. I thought vehemently. I already lost my patience with him and walk in front of him so he could face me. "That's bullshit!" I hissed softly, in case some other cowboy might hear us. "I want to know why you bothered to seduce me last night and then regret the whole thing after."

Something flashed in his eyes something dark and dangerous as he glared at me ardently. "Do you think I regret what happened last night?"

"Did you not?" I retort back, looking sideways there might be someone at a hearing distance with us. The last thing I want is for the people working on the ranch to know about what happened last night.

"No!" He whispered back angrily. "I didn't regret what happened last night, damn it!"

I blinked I didn't see that one coming but was very happy at his admission. "Then why...?"

"Because you're better off without me, that's why." He repeated this thing just like last night. "You need a man that will take good care of you and I am not that man, Willow. You deserve better."

"What the hell..."

Our heated argument interrupted momentarily when a metallic grey Range Rover pulled into the driveway of the ranch. This kind of car wasn't a normal sight for our small town of St. Petersburg, North Carolina. Whoever is inside the car is the real deal.

I saw a man wearing an expensive suit with a pair of sunglasses slid out of the driver's seat while looking around the place as if making sure he got the right place he's looking for and then I saw a beautiful lady coming out of the passenger's side. They were ridiculously out of place in here with their fancy look.

Neon and I started to come closer to the driveway to get a better view of the newcomer when I heard the man beside me cursed loud and clear. I looked at him sharply but his focus remain on the newcomer.

The dark-haired woman caught the sight of us—or rather—the sight of Neon and her beautiful dark green eyes misted with tears. "Enzo!"

Who?

The woman run towards the waiting hands Neon and hugged her tightly. I have never seen such a look of happiness on his face since I met him. So this was the woman in his dream before? His girlfriend maybe? Suddenly I felt the uncalled feeling of jealousy. He had sex with me last night when a girl was waiting for him.

"Laila." Neon said as he drew back the woman in his arms, looking at her as if making sure she's here. "How did you know that I was here?"

"Leila said that you are here so we came to pick you up." The woman named Laila informed him with a shaky smile while the man with him walks towards us. "Believe me she wants to personally fetch you but she's in Sicily at the moment and we're New York so it's been decided that we're going to be the one to bring you back to Sicily. Thank goodness you are all right, Enzo."