Chapter 18: The House Guest

What is there more kindly than the feeling between host and guest?

-Aeschylus

Enzo Fiorenza's POV

I kept on tossing and turning to my bed unable to sleep. My mind was still grappling with the fact that Willow was here in Ragusa to have her 'closure' somewhere in this house probably soundly asleep in her bed while I was kept awake unable to stop thinking about her.

Did she also pack her sexy boxers and worn-out t-shirt on her surprised trip here? I cursed silently as I remember that night in her room.

Her appearance a while ago caught me off guard. But she's really beautiful than I remembered. The memories of her in my brain didn't do justice to how fine-looking she was wearing a dress and her cute cowgirl boots.

The devil inside me had been whispering to me since I went to bed to go and visit her bedroom again. But I don't have any idea where her bedroom is in this ridiculously big castle. I knew that my cunning cousins will not tell me her bedroom is.

I was sorely tempted to scan every room in this place even if there's at least one hundred and fifty rooms in here just to find her.

Nothing would ever happen to my night if I kept on tossing and turning when the subject of my thoughts was probably soundly asleep in her room while I was in a devil's mood. I tossed the cover in my body and jump out of bed and wore my discarded pants and shirt laying on the chair nearby.

I need a drink, I thought silently. I need a bottle of whiskey to help me sleep tonight. So I went out of my room and walk in the hallways with the purposed of going to the cellar. I was about to descend on the staircase when I found myself smiling wickedly when I saw a familiar figure downstairs looking side by side frantically.

Like a wolf slowly stalking his prey I slowly went down to the stairs without spooking her. She must be lost finding her way I would gladly show it to her if she would just let me. She wasn't yet aware of my presence.

"Lost, my lady?"

She gasped and turn around to face me. "Neon! I mean, Enzo. What are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here? Are you lost and looking for your room?" I stated, eyeing her cute pajama. There's nothing sexy about her nightclothes but it awakens something inside me as if she's standing naked in front of me right now.

She shook her head and probably doesn't have any idea who inappropriate my thoughts about her choice of outfits tonight. "I am looking for the kitchen since I am thirsty."

I frowned at that. "Didn't my cousin assign a maid for you? Why are you getting it for yourself you should just ask your maid for it."

She rolled her eyes as if that's the most ridiculous thing she ever heard. "Are you serious? It's almost midnight. Besides, I only want a glass of water I don't need to bother someone to get it from me. Have you forgotten I do things on my own at the ranch?"

Arguing with her was pointless beside I don't want to debate with her over small things. I took a deep breath gesture to way going to the kitchen. "Come, I'll help you get water this way." I was already heading in the direction of the kitchen when I glance at my back and saw her immobilize in her place. I raised a questioning eyebrow at her. "I thought you said you want water?"

"You don't need to help me just point the way of the kitchen and that will be fine." She muttered, looking away from me. "I don't want to be a hassle for you."

"Don't worry," I replied dryly. "I am also going to the kitchen. I want to get a drink."

She looked at me for a long moment probably debating if she could trust me. I hid my smile well not I can blame her since I am very much feel attacking her right at this moment. "All right." She finally said after a moment.