Chapter 25: The Trap

Love is like a trap. When it appears, we only see its light, not its shadow.

- Paulo Coelho

Willow Kinsella's POV

I walked beside him as we went out of the car in silence. I was completely aware of the awkward silence that envelop us before we even board the plane going to Rome.

I knew part of this tense atmosphere between us was my fault. I didn't mean to ruin our date or tour as I want to call it privately when he casually mention that he was used to riding a military plane instead of a normal aircraft the civilian citizen normally take.

Being here with him in his hometown made me forget his original line of work. He's not the Enzo Fiorenza who is the heir to his uncle's business but the Enzo Fiorenza who is serving the army.

Do I make the cut to be a girlfriend of a member of the special force if this thing between us continues? The last thing I want was to wait for any news of him while he's away on his dangerous mission abroad thinking if he will still be able to come home alive.

The scars in his body proved that he'd barely managed to escape death several times. And right now, he was not yet done with his military thing as he was only on his leave since he was still recovering from his leg injury just what he told me on the ranch the following day after he regained his memories.

Before I could dwell on my train of thoughts the man who invited us to their vineyard coming in our direction with a happy smile on his face as he greeted us outside the magnificent manor. "Welcome to the Orsini vineyard, amico. At last, you are finally here."

"I am sorry for the short notice," Enzo commented shaking the offered hand of the powerful Italian billionaire.

"Nonsense." He dismissed it like it was nothing. "You are always welcome here. The Fiorenzas are dear to my heart even that unsmiling patriarch of your clan." He surprised me when he focus his attention on me directly. "Nice to meet you. We haven't had the chance to talk last night, little one."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Orsini," I said shyly. "Thank you for inviting us here to your beautiful place."

He smiled pleasantly. But something was lurking in his eyes that I don't decipher. "Before we start the tour and wine tasting. Please allow me to introduce my grandparents who were still running this vineyard even at their advanced age. Come, they are in the library where they usually spend their day spying on people."

I raised an eyebrow in his direction. He's something else teasing his grandparents like this. I dared to sneak a glance at Enzo who remain impassive while we trail behind Marco Orsini.

He led us inside the magnificent house with carpeted staircase leading to the second floor. It was not as huge as the Palazzo di Fiorenza but it was big enough nevertheless.

At the far end of the hallway on the second floor, he went inside the door without as much as knocking. We followed him inside and froze in the doorway.

"Audrianna!" He said disapprovingly, giving the toddler a stern gaze. "What are you doing? Do you want to break Nonno's back?" And then he gave the elderly couple the same expression on his face. "And you, Nonno, what madness had possessed you to think you can give Audrianna a piggyback ride?"

My mouth went hanging in their direction. I didn't expect that their powerful family was like this. Imagine the former head of the Orsini Industries was giving his great-grandchild a piggyback ride on the floor no less as if he was like a donkey while his wife beaming on the side joining their great-grandchild's laughter.