Chapter 7: The Search

Nothing gives rest but the sincere search for truth.

-Blaise Pascal

Leila Salazar's POV

Later that day after my maddening conversation with Cesare in the library I had a video conference with Marco on my laptop in the green drawing-room.

"Do you think you can find him?" I asked him, sitting with my legs tucked under me on the sofa. Right now, I am desperate to find Enzo, and whether Patri likes my method or not I will ask this man's help to find him.

There was a smug smile broke on his face when I stared at him with the screen of my computer. "But of course I can find your missing cousin. When was the last time I failed searching for a missing person?"

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance and as much as I want to deny he was hundred percent correct. He has a perfect long list of finding missing people in the past. And he certainly works faster than the authorities despite my husband and their friends' objection about his ability.

They say that he has a connection to the devil or he's the devil himself. But right I don't care whatever connection he has as long as he can find Enzo I would be fine with his method.

"You said he disappear America a few days ago and since then there's no report about him?"

I nodded grimly, thinking it was supposed to be a happy day celebrating the wedding of Lucia and Diego but at the reception, we received a phone call telling us that the dolt soldier of our family had gone missing on their radar.

Enzo was a skillful pilot trained in the military to conduct special missions he was one of the most elite pilots in the army so it baffled us especially Cesare how could a person like him be involved in a helicopter crash.

"Are you sure he didn't disappear on purposed? Marco stated in a matter-of-fact. "Maybe your cousin intent to remain lost somewhere since I know for a fact that he doesn't want anything to do with your family."

I scowled at him openly through the computer screen as I shifted my position on the sofa. Though, if I have to be honest that's not very far from happening. "Either way, I just want to know his location."

"And if I ever find him what are you going to do about it?"

I smiled serenely in his direction that kind of smile that reassured him that I have nothing but good intentions towards my cousin. "I just need to see if he's truly fine with the life he choose and then I will let him live the life he truly wanted."

There was a mocking smile on Marco Orsini's face. "Why do I have a hard time believing the words you just said?"

My face lit with delight, shaking my head in the process. No amount of acting would be enough for his knowing eyes. "Because we think alike, that's why. Of course, I will tell Cesare about his whereabouts and I will let my father do what it needs to do with my idiot cousin."

"Bad cousin."

I raised an eyebrow in his direction while giving him a sly smile. "Who knows he might find him a bride, you know. Enzo is not getting younger and he is the last Fiorenza in our family that can continue the family legacy."

That picked his interest for he sat up straight from his chair and stared at me intently. "Now you are talking, little rebellious princess." But then he frowned slightly. "Though the cold-hearted plan sounded like my Nonno's attempt to save the bloody family dynasty even resorting to blackmail me in the process."

"It seems that you don't mind the blackmail your grandfather did back then you even succumbed to his ultimatum."

He thought for a moment and then a small smile played in his mouth, probably remembering his courtship days with Francesca. "Touché, madam."