Chapter 23: The Conversation

A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.

-Mark Twain

Enzo Fiorenza's POV

The following day after the party my head hurts like hell. Not only my family demanded answers to why I just kiss Willow for all the elite society of Sicily could see as soon as the party ended. They didn't care the fact that it's already past one in the morning and yet they are acting like it's only 10 p.m.

Truth to be told, I didn't know how to answer them since I just acted out of my instinct at that time since looking at Oliver Spencer makes me want to be possessive to Willow. I will not let that bastard near Willow ever again. He made her laugh several times at the party which was unacceptable.

I took a deep, descending to the staircase. I need to get away from this damn house before one of my cousins could catch me and start interrogating me about what happened last night and the status of my relationship with Willow.

I was about to reach the receiving room when the maid open the main door and Rafe walks in. My eyes instantly narrowed in his direction. "What are you doing here?"

He seems a bit surprised to see me early this morning, then he smiled at me. "Relax, I didn't come here early in the morning to interrogate you with the stunt you pulled in last night. I came here because I have a meeting with your uncle. It's business, don't worry."

I remained silent as I continue to walk. I need to clear my head with all the madness that's happening around me since I met this fiery little southern girl.

"Want to talk about it?" Rafe suggested when I was about to reach the door.

I turned to look at him with accusing eyes. "I thought you came here for business with Cesare. This is your real agenda, right?"

My childhood best friend grinned at me while showing the folder in his hand. "I have a meeting with my godfather, Enzo. But this can wait...want to talk about what's bothering you, amico?

I was torn between accepting his offer or just leave and be on my own until I clear my thoughts. But in the end, I finally agree with his suggestion. I looked around the house making sure that no one was around that would eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Let's go to Cesare's study room." I gestured to the room located at the far end of the hallway. He followed me silently until we reach the room. "Do you think it's still early for a whiskey?" I asked when I saw the decanter on the table.

Rafe shrugged nonchalantly, taking the leather chair across the study table. I poured the two glasses with the amber liquid and gave the other one to Rafe. I choose this place because Cesare rarely went here he usually spends his time in his favorite part of this house which is the library.

"I always knew that when a Fiorenza creates a scandal they don't do it by half measure. It will surely be a media frenzy. You are starting to replace Leila as the favorite of the Sicilian tabloids, amico. Cheers!"

I frowned at him, taking the chair behind the study table. "What are you talking about?"

He smiled at me mockingly. "You don't have any idea? It seems that you didn't see the morning papers yet. Assuming that you have not seen one yet let me fill you in." My good friend eyed me sardonically. "It has your little stunt last night while possessively kissing your lady friend in every front page of the Sicilian tabloids."

I cursed long and hard. I should have expected it really but for some reason, I don't regret it. I noticed that Rafe was busy giving me an amused look. "What?"