3.

21st March, 1957

"Please can I try your guitar...!" George whined, begging Paul as the other boy was trying to put the instrument back in its case.

"No, George. Not yet anyway."

"Why not?" He huffed. "I'm so bored."

"Me too, but we're going to the cafe now, so do me a favour and hold the case while I put this stupid thing in it."

"Alright..." George sighed in defeat. "I can play though." He gripped their case firmly, still putting up his argument.

Paul just laughed. "No you can't, I've heard you before!"

"Yeah, well then I can learn!" Paul continued to laugh. "Stop laughin' at me."

Paul clipped the case shut, pulling the straps over his shoulders.

"Maybe I'll teach you..."

"Yes!" George raised his fist to the air in excitement.

"But... Only if you can beat me in a race."

"To where?"

"That lamppost right... over..." Paul began running, catching George off guard.

"Wh- HEY!" He ran after Paul, who was now in the lead. "Not fair!"

He briefly saw the destination in the corner of his eye and headed straight for it. He'd always wanted to learn how to play and was fascinated every time Paul played.

But unlike George, Paul was too busy laughing at the other boy to notice where he was going, only running in a straight line.

"I make the rules...!" He turned his head round, not seeing the brunette boy he was about to crash into. "My game, my ru-"

Both of the boys fell on the ground with a huff, but George didn't notice them. He was almost at the lamppost.

"Ahh." The strange boy whined, raising a hand to his head, looking Paul in the eyes.

"I- I'm sorry..." Paul rushed, trying to get off the ground. His leg hurt like mad.

"It's okay." He comforted. "Are you alright? Do you need help up?"

"No I-" Paul looked up, catching his first glimpse of the boy he knocked into. And oh Lord was he gorgeous! "I think I'll be okay." He  smiled.

"Paul!" George shouted back in excitement, also out of breath. He turned back to taunt the boy. "I got here fir- Oh my God! Paul!"

"I'm fine." He called back to George, who was now running back.

"Are you sure?" The stranger didn't look convinced.

"Yeah..." He wasn't okay, his leg was throbbing. "No." He eventually sighed.

"Right, lad" He looked up to George, who looked up from Paul immediately. "Help me get him on the bench, will you?"

"Of course." George was panicking.

Nevertheless, he helped Paul up to the bench.

"Ahhh..." Paul hissed through his teeth as the other two boys pulled him up by his arms.

"That's it lad. You're doing fine." They moved him back a few steps, lowering him down on the bench.

"Are you okay, Paulie?" George asked, he looked incredibly worried.

"Yeah, I think I just bruised my leg. I'll be okay in a minute."

"You sure you don't wanna go to hospital for that?" The stranger asked.

"No... No, It's not that bad." Paul reassured them.

"If you say so..."