28.

4th April, 1957

Paul hadn't yet seen John's room, as last time he was here, going up the stairs wasn't the easiest task ever.

As they walked through the door, the first thing that Paul noticed was the Elvis poster on John's wall, as well as a Buddy Holly record lying underneath the boy's bed.

John closed the door behind them, leading the boy over to the bed.

"C-Can I play a song for you?" Paul asked, quietly.

"Yeah, of course! Go ahead." John smiled, happy that Paul was finally talking to him again.

The boy got his guitar out from his case, getting ready to play.

Yesterday,

All my troubles seemed so far away.

Now it looks as though they're here to stay,

Oh I believe...

In yesterday.

Paul was sick and tired of almost everything at the moment. All he wanted to do was to curl up and cry.

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be.

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Oh yesterday,

Came suddenly.

He was tired of being homeless, tired of lying to John, he hated lying to John. Why didn't he just tell the truth from the start?

Why she had to go...

I don't know, she wouldn't say.

I said something wrong, now I long...

For yesterday.

Maybe if he just didn't leave his stupid fucking diary lying on his bed that one time, then just maybe he wouldn't be homeless. Maybe he would have a home to go to, as well as an education too...

Yesterday,

Love was such an easy game to play.

Now I need a place to hide away...

Oh yesterday, came suddenly.

But if he never left that diary there, he would never have met George. Louise Harrison's actions would have meant that some other person, most likely nowhere near as kind as Paul, would have found that poor little boy. He may even be dead right now!

Why she had to go?

I don't know, she wouldn't say.

But all he wanted was an easier life, where he was guaranteed a home at night. A home where he knew that he and George would both be safe. Where he would be guaranteed a meal every night. A life where he wouldn't have to sleep with some blonde teenager just to get his clothes back.

I said something wrong

Now I long for yesterday.

All these thoughts were racing through his head as he sang, his voice slowly becoming weaker and weaker. Just like he had been the day before. But he still didn't understand why he'd been so weak... It wasn't the first time he'd had to sleep with someone because he had no money.

And he wanted to just scream, to let everything out. Everything he'd been holding in for 11 months, ever since his stupid fucking father threw him out onto the streets when he was just 14.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.

Now I need a place to hide away,

Oh, I believe...

In yesterday.

Hmm-hmm, mmm hmm-

"Hm-mm..." His voice began to shake. And then he began to sob, tears falling down his face.

"Paulie..." John whispered. He took the guitar from Paul's hands, placing it on the ground.

John pulled Paul in for a tight hug, beginning to tear up aswell.

"I-I'm sorry." He croaked out.

"Hey, shhhh... For what..." John ran a hand through Paul's hair as the boy sobbed into his chest.

"I-I..." His sobs turned into cries, curling closer into John's warmth.

"What is it..." John whispered.