20.

29th March, 1957

"He really wrote all those songs 'imself, ay?" Ringo asked, confused. Both boys were walking home together, just like the week before.

"Aye. They're amazing' ain't they?"

"Fuckin' brilliant." Ringo smiled. "Bet you're glad you bumped into 'im last week?" He joked.

"Oi, that was an accident and you know it."

"Yeah yeah." Ringo laughed. "What time is it?"

"Like, 6:15?" He replied, confused.

"Wanna go grab somethin' to eat?"

"Uhh.... I really don't think Mimi will let me." He sighed.

"Why not? It's not like you do it often? Go on..."

"Alright, I'll call her in a minute."

"Yes!" Ringo cheered, causing them both to laugh.

John called Mimi from the telephone box just outside of the cafe they had chosen to eat in. He wasn't a stranger to the shop, he and his mother used to go in there a lot when he was a young lad.

I really should arrange to meet up with her soon...

"Yes. I'll be okay, Mimi. Yes, I'll call you if anything bad happens to me or Ringo 'ere." He looked at Ringo through the glass of the telephone and rolled his eyes, causing a laugh from the other boy. "Right, see ya Mimi. Love you."

He slammed the phone back into its handle, running his hands through his hair in stress as he exited the box.

"God that woman worries about anythin'!"

"Atleast she cares about you." Ringo said, patting his friend on the back.

"I guess. More than can be said for that stupid father of mine." He sighed.

Ringo walked in first, holding the door for his friend. They both relaxed into the warm aurora of the room, heading towards the till. Ringo was the one to put in the orders, requesting that John goes and finds a seat.

He was scouting the area, looking for a place he and Ringo could sit in the unusually busy cafe, when his eyes landed upon a familiar mess of brown hair. Two familiar messes of brown hair.

And a familiar guitar too...

Wait, is that... Oh my God, it is!

A smile came across his face, as he ran over to the stools the boys were sat on. They were right infront of the window.

"Hey, George, Paul!" He called as he got closer.

Paul whipped his head round in surprise at someone calling his name, his eyes widening in shock as he saw who it was.

"John?" He asked, a hesitant smile coming across his face. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Me and Ringo came in for a cuppa or whatever. I thought you were going to meet your Dad?"

"Oh, yeah. We've got a few minutes to kill so we just uh... Called in, I guess. Right Georgie?"

"Y-Yeah." He stuttered, turning back around to face his cupcake.

"Mind if we join you?" John asked, praying that the answer would be yes.

"Yeah, of course." Paul nodded, smiling at John.

John took his seat next to Paul, calling Ringo over as he noticed the other looking around for him.

"Over 'ere!" He called.

Ringo rushed over with a quick nod.