12.

22nd March, 1957

John had woken up first, completely having forgotten that in the middle of the night he ended up on Paul's sofa. He was about to ask the other boy if he was okay, but when he turned to face him, he was still asleep.

It was 7am on a Friday morning, which is the time that John usually got up for school. He wondered if he should wake up Paul, he would probably wake up at this time too.

"Paul?" John whispered, tapping Paul's shoulder lightly. "Time to wake up,"

"No... George, 's not time yet..." Paul mumbled, eyes still shut.

"It's not George, it's John."

"J-John?" He stuttered out, eyes opening fast.

"Yeah... This is the time I usually wake up for school, thought it might be for you too?"

"Oh, yeah, it is." Paul sat up. "Wait, what time is it?" He yawned.

"Uh, pretty much 7am."

"Right, I'll go and wake up George." He sat up, wincing when he stood up. He must have forgotten what he did to his leg. "Oh God, that one hurt..."

"I bet..." John rubbed his shoulder. "I'll go and wake George, you stay down here and go and get some cereal. We have lots in the cupboard."

"Are you sure?"

"Certain." Paul slowly made his way to the kitchen, John splitting up to run up the stairs.

When he opened his bedroom door, he found George fast asleep, as he expected. Something about how peaceful the boy looked also made John not want to wake him up,

But he had to.

"George, wake up buddy, c'mon." John flicked the light of, walking over to open the curtains.

But George didn't move.

"Kid?" He shook George lightly, thanking the heavens when he began to stir.

"Hmmm...? Paul. Is it time?"

"Yeah, it's time for school now." He must have still thought Paul was speaking.

"Uhh..." His eyes were still tightly shut. "School?"

"Yeah." John laughed. "Open your eyes, George."

"W- John?" He seemed shocked and almost jumped.

"Yeah, Paul is downstairs makin' cereal."

"Where are we? Are we at you house?"

"Yep, come on let's go downstairs." George slowly stood up, grabbing John's arm for support.

"Did I sleep in your room?"

"Mhm."

"Sorry..."

"What for? It was Mimi's idea, you'd passed out on the sofa at like 10pm." John laughed.

George laughed along at that, seeming more relaxed than at first.

When they got to the kitchen, they were greeted by Mimi and Paul, who were eating cereal.

"Mornin'" Greeted Mimi. "Pick a cereal, George"

"Really?"

"Yeah, go ahead." Said John.

'Why were these boys so surprised at the littlest of things.' John would keep asking himself, very confused and kind of concerned.

"So, where do you boys go to school?" Mimi asked, concentrating on her bowl.

John wasn't looking, or listening that close as he was trying not to spill milk everywhere.

"Uhm, Liverpool Convent."

"Really? Wow, you must be smart." She said, smiling in surprise.

"I am, he isn't." George smirked. "Just kidding. Kinda."