8.

21st May, 1957

John was incredibly happy that Paul had agreed to join the band, Stuart would be over the moon. And Ringo would just be glad John eventually found someone and wasn't stressed over it anymore.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Mimi place a knife and fork down on the table. George appeared next to her carrying a plate of chicken nuggets and chips with ketchup on the side. She helped him into the chair and soon re joined the two in the living room.

"Good, you're still holding that on his leg." She said to John, who just nodded. "Right, Paul, how are you feeling?"

"A bit better..." He shrugged.

"Alright, good." She smiled his way. "But I'm afraid that it's time to disinfect the cut, sweetie."

"W-Will it hurt?" He stuttered. John grabbed his hand, causing Paul to look at him.

"Shh, calm down. If you don't think about it then it will be completely fine."

"John's right." Said Mimi, pulling some reusable gloves over her hands, bringing the makeshift first aid kit closer to the two. "Think of a happy place."

Paul immediately looked over to George, who was peacefully eating his food. He was so content that he didn't even notice anyone looking at him. John could see the boy next to him smile.

"Okay, this is gonna sting a bit. But keep thinking of that happy place."

"Sssthhh." Paul seethed, squeezing Johns hand.

"You're alright." He comforted.

John looked down to Mimi who was wetting a cotton wool bud with some sort of substance.

He knew that substance was most likely also going to sting, so squeezed Paul's hand a tad, just to reassure him he was alright.

"Okay one last part okay?"

"Mhm." He still stared at George, smiling through the pain. "Ahh..."

"All done." She wiped the dry blood away cautiously, making sure not to hurt Paul any further. "Alright, I just gotta put some cream on that bruise and then bandage it."

"O-Okay." And that's what she did.

"Finished." George called from the dining room.

"Me too." Said Mimi, wrapping the bandage around one last time. "Woah, you sure left nothing on that plate, kid." She laughed, taking it away to the kitchen.

"Paulieeeee..."

"Yessss?" He teased.

"Can you play me a song on your guitar?"

"George, I don't think it's the time." Paul shook his head.

"Yeah it is, go on Paul. It'll be fun." John cut in, standing up and grabbing his guitar from the other sofa.

"I- All my sheets are at the bottom of my bag, which is still in Mimi's car."

"Well you can do it from memory! That's what you do with a lot of songs anyway. They love it!" George slipped out, hoping that John didn't hear the last part. "Please?" He made puppy dog eyes at him.

"Don't do that." Paul looked away, trying not to laugh.

"Please Paul?" John begged.

"Fine."

"Yesss!" Called John. "Mimi! Paul's gonna play is a song, ain't ya?"

"Yeah..."

Mimi came rushing into the living room, a kitchen towel hanging over her shoulder.

"Brilliant!" She took a seat next to George.