62.

20th April, 1957

It was now Saturday again, and the boys were on their way to see Brian at his office somewhere in the city, after John had called the man, taking him up on his offer.

George had now been officially added into the band, and was completely over the moon. He was doing really well were he was at, and even though he didn't have a guitar of his own, he often practiced on Paul's whenever he wasn't using it. It was inconvenient, but there was nothing they could do about it.

"John..." Paul sighed, catching the older boy's attention straight away.

"Yeah?"

"This is all... Surreal. I feel like... Like I'm going to wake up very soon. I'm gonna wake up, next to George, sat in some freezing cold alleyway all the way back in March. Back when this all started."

"Paul, don't be silly..."

"I'm not, John. I'm just so amazed..." Paul admitted.

They were following behind of George and Ringo, however they couldn't hold hands. Ringo still wasn't aware of their relationship. John knew he had to tell the boy soon, but it just never felt like the right time.

"I know. Me too, honestly... We've come so far, you and me." He smiled, looking deep into Paul's eyes.

"I think this is it." They lost their gaze, turning to face George. "Is it?"

"Uh, yeah." John said, unsure.

The four boys all stood outside of what looked like a flat block. The building looked kind of new, but nothing special.

John leaned forward to press the buzzer that said '#42', giving Ringo an uncertain look.

"Hello?" A voice came from the other side.

"Yeah, Brian?"

"Yeah, are these my new rockstars?" He could almost hear the man's grin.

"Indeed. Are you gonna let us in or what?"

"Yep." The door clicked, the line also going dead.

"Okay, I think we're in." George said.

After a short elevator trip, which was just long enough for their nerves to worsen, they were stood in front of the door with the number '42' on the front. This time Ringo knocked on the door.

It flew open not long after.

"Boys! Great to see you." He smiled, holding his hand out for Ringo to shake. "Ringo I believe?"

"Yeah." He replied, an unsure smile on his face.

"My names Brian. Come in, everyone." The man stepped to the side, letting them inside. "My office down there to the right. There's not much here though, I spend most of my time down in London."

"None of us have ever been there, is it cool?" John asked, opening the office door.

"Yeah, I heard that everyone owns big, fancy and fast cars." George added, dreamily.

"Not too far from it, George. Depends which part really... But yeah, it's kinda cool." He took a seat in his seat behind his desk. "Sit down, sit down..."

They did as told, Paul keeping George close by his side.

"So. You know why you're here then?"

"Sort of."

"Well, let me explain. The other day, I saw your 'performance' and it was..." He didn't have words to describe it. "Breathtaking, for a person like me who works with a lot of musicians. Did you write all those songs?"

"I wrote two of them... But me and John wrote the last one."

"They were all absolutely incredible, boys." He smiled. "Now, I must ask before we go any further... How old are you all?"

"I'm 16, so's Ringo." John said, cautiously, worried that Brian wouldn't take them if they were too young. "Paul's 15, almost 16, but George is only... Only 14." He looked down.

"Ah, right." The man nodded, smile fading. "Alright, so, here's what I'm thinking. At first, the gigs won't be much... A few smaller gigs at things like parties and gatherings. Up until George is atleast 17."

"What...?" John asked, taken aback. "That's... Thats 3 years, Brian."

"I know. But, unfortunately, none of you are even old enough to drink yet." He sighed. "When George is 17, you should all be 18/19, right?"

"Yeah, right." Paul added, noticing how upset John was.

"Which means, at least 3 of you are will be old enough to drink, George being close. So you can begin to perform in places like clubs. However, I'm still not entirely sure that George will be allowed." He sighed, a sad and disappointed look on his face. "So, if that starts to happen in around two years time (the long term), then we may have to replace George until he's of the right age..."

"What?!" Asked George, his eyes sad and upset. The boys noticed this, Paul reaching first his hand.

"No, absolutely not." John stated. "George is with us, no George means no band, Brian."

"Damn right, John." Ringo agreed.

"We'll just continue to play at gatherings until he's 18 too, cant we just do that?" Paul asked, concern lacing in his voice. "Look, Brian, he's got talent. You can't just... Just suspend him after two years!"

"I know. I know, it's just what it may have to come to if you want to play on stages as soon as possible." Brian explained. "But, if you don't mind waiting at least 3 years, on a part-time wage, then I suppose I can look into that for you."

"Of course we don't mind, as long as George stays." John said. The older boy could hear a relieved sigh come from George.

"Yeah, George stays. No George, no Beatles." Paul added.

"Beatles?" Ringo asked, a small smile now appearing on his face.

"Yeah... Kind of an edgy name, don't you think? With an A, of course..."

"Paul, I love it!" Brian called, smiling wide. "Now, let's talk about the release of the first album, when it comes to it, of course..."