60.

(A/N- Gonna Post 3 chapters rn because why in the living hell not am I right?)

15th April, 1957

The next day, when John went into school, he was conflicted. He played with Brian's card inside of his pocket as he walked to his locker.

What was he going to tell Stuart?

Stuart was in love with Astrid, anybody could see that. So he wasn't going to pass on the opportunity from the guy that she knew, definitely not for some bloke that John met near the ferry port the day before.

"Hey man." John jumped at the voice that appeared behind him, turning to see Stuart. "Woah, you good?"

He seemed of pissed off.

"Yeah, I'm fine, what's wrong with you?" John asked.

"I don't really want to discuss it in the middle of the corridor like this..."

John looked down to his watch, noticing the time. He was dying to know what Stuart had to say.

"We've got 15 minutes before lesson starts, how about going to the canteen?" John suggested.

"Yeah, alright."

They took their seats, Stuart taking a deep breath and staring down to his hands.

"What is it, man? Is it Astrid..." He asked, nodding in the direction of a group of girls that she was sat around.

"Partly." He sighed. "Look I'm just going to get straight to the point... The guy who said he might sign us was a complete jackass."

"Why? What happened, Stu?"

"Well, for a while... I've been thinking about this, John... And I know you're probably going to hate me for it, but I want to leave the band."

John's face went pale.

"W-Why?"

"I want to focus on my art, Johnny... I feel like I am really going somewhere with it. And I don't see myself still doing music in the future, I see myself doing art."

"But you're amazing at the guitar... Who's going to replace you?" John had so many questions.

"Is that even a question?!" Stuart asked, shocked that John would even ask that.

"Wh-"

"George!" He interrupted. "That kids fucking amazing. The improvement that he's made in the last few weeks is amazing, too. Don't you agree?"

"Of course I agree Stu... But what about you?" John asked. "We started this, me and you. It's not going to be the same without you..."

"No, it will be better."

John just sighed, knowing there was no way he'd change Stuart's mind. He meant what he said, alright.

"What do you mean about the guy being a jackass?" He asked, looking away from him.

"He said that... That he would only sign you if I was in the band, and if I leave then he won't sign... That's why I knew I had to tell you straight away." He sighed. "I'm sorry, John."

Well, atleast that was one thing off John's mind.

"Don't worry about it."

Stuart seemed shocked at what John just said.

"What? John... You're not quitting too, right?" Stuart asked, seeming upset and kind of guilty.

"No, of course not."

"Then why aren't you bothered?"

"Because we met somebody else anyway, they offered to manage us." John shrugged.

"No fucking way? Really?" Stuart smiled.

"Yeah. But it won't be the same without you. George is brilliant and all but... You're my best friend, Stu."

"Yeah, and I always will be." Stuart persisted. "I'm never gonna stop being your best friend, you ain't gonna get rid of me that easy, Lennon." He smirked.

"You better always be." He smiled.

"Definitely."