67.

18th June, 1957

"W-What is it...?" Paul asked, his voice now quiet and timid. His doe eyes filled with worry as he looked directly at John

"No, no, love. It's not bad." John reassured, walking over to the boy, carefully leading him over to the sofa next to where George was now sat.

"Then why are you all looking at me like that?" His voice was uncertain, as he now looked back up to John from the sofa.

"Because... Well, you'll see." George said, also now a lot quieter.

Mimi walked over, kneeling at the side of Paul's legs, still hiding whatever was in her hands behind her back. John knelt down too, infront of Paul, laying one hand on his knee.

"Now, we didn't want to give you this infront of everyone else, so here you go." Mimi said, holding out a letter for Paul to take.

The young boy looked at her with uncertainty, slowly taking the letter from her hand. As he turned the paper over to see who it was from, his heart felt like it stopped beating.

"To, Mr James Paul McCartney.
N.215 Menlove Avenue, Liverpool.

From, Mr Peter Michael McCartney.
N.7 Torstone Road, Manchester"

"I- I-" He felt his eyes water. "H- How...?" The boy asked, not looking up from the writing.

John spoke up. "It was Brian. He mentioned he owned places all over the globe... So, George happened to ask if he was familiar with the Manchester area. Turns out we were lucky."

"Brian found him, Paulie..." George smiled, placing his hand on the speachless boy's shoulder.

Paul wrapped George in a loving hug, and holding him close.

"You gonna open it, baby? Or are you just gonna keep it like that in your hands?" John joked, voice weak.

As Paul pulled away with a smile from the joke, he noticed tears in John's eyes. The young boy just nodded, turning the envelope over to open it.

His hands shook as they pulled the piece of paper from inside. He took a breath before unfolding it.

"Dear Paul,
I miss you, big brother, and no words can describe how much I do.

By the time you get this letter, it will have been over a year since you last said goodbye to me in your bedroom back in Allerton.

Every day I'd wonder why you left, but I didn't mention it to dad like you asked. But one day, he started to cry. He cried a lot, Paulie.

And he told me what he'd done to you and how he had made you leave. I was shocked, and I thought about running away. But I know you wouldn't want me to be alone on the streets because that's why you didn't take me with you, I know that.

And I understand that you wanted me to be safe which I am so so grateful for.

Anyway. When Brian somehow found me, he asked how I felt about seeing you again. And of course I said yes! So I was thinking if you'd like to meet up? And if that's a yes, then I will be over the moon!

~Lots of love, your baby brother, Mikey."

And by the time Paul's eyes got to the last line, he could barely see the words anymore from all the tears in his eyes. He lifted his free hand up to his face and began to sob.

"Hey, hey... Baby..." John whispered, taking the note from his hands and passing it to Mimi, gently. "C'mon, Macca."

George jumped up so that John could sit down and hold him close. And the older boy did just that, comforting the crying boy and runnning his hand sweetly through his hair.

"Shhh... Come on now. Mikey wouldn't want you to cry, would he?" John asked, receiving a slow shake from Paul's head. "Exactly... He'd want you to pick up the closest pen to you, and write back as soon as you'd read the last line."

"Mhm." Paul winced out into John's chest, voice still shaky and tears still running.

"I'll go get you a pen, Paulie." George smiled softly.

John placed a kiss on Paul's forehead.

"G-George!" Paul stumbled out, stopping the boy from walking out of the room. "Thank y-you, so, so m-much for finding him... W-Words can't describe how happy I am..." He managed.

"I know Paulie." The young boy returned the smile.

Paul was finally going to see Mike again, after all those months. And it was all thanks to George, John and Mimi.

The family that he held so close to his heart, and always would do, no matter what...

————————————————————
(A/N- And that's almost it. But don't worry, guys! The story isn't finished just yet, there's still an epilogue to come!

Have you enjoyed the story so far? If you have, please let me know! 💓

~Elizabeth.)