10.

21st March, 1957

Around 10 minutes later, they all decided that it would be best if Paul tried to walk again, as he claimed he felt a lot better than before. John and George has just moved the coffee table out of the way, and we're waiting for Paul to stand.

Eventually, he did it, pushing himself up off the sofa and standing. He obviously more weight on his left leg.

"Alright, well done." Mimi cheered. "Okay, now stay close to the sofa."

Paul did as she said, hobbling forward, making sure to stay close to the sofa for support incase he fell. But he seemed to be walkway better than before.

"I think it's better now." Paul smiled.

"Good." Mimi clapped. "Alright, you can move the table back, boys." They nodded and did as they were told.

"Thanks for everything, Mimi. And for giving George food. He- I'm sure he appreciates it." He smiled, looking at the younger boy.

"It's not a problem, Paul." She shook her head at him. "Don't worry about it. But be honest with me, here. When was the last time you ate today?"

That question caught Paul of guard. He didn't remember.

"Like 12pm."

"Rubbish. I can hear your stomach rumbling from in the kitchen, darling." She sighed, knowing that he hadn't ate in a while. "Come on, I'll get you something to eat."

The boy jut sighed in defeat, following her into the kitchen.

"But you've done enough for me today... For us. I'm alright."

"Listen, I don't mind doing this. It's my food, and I can give it to whoever I please. Now. Take a look..." she opened the freezer door and told Paul to look around.

He was stunned at everything he saw. Chicken nuggets (which George had), fish fingers, chicken strips, pizzas, potato pies. He hadn't had this sort of stuff in a while. They'd both been living off things like cafe sandwiches for the last few months, apart from when they could afford fish and chips.

He'd eventually picked out a cheese pizza, passing it to Mimi so she could put it in the oven.

"I better go back and check on George." He said, beginning to walk away.

"I can see you adore that boy. You'd do anything for him." He stopped in his tracks.

"Yes... I- I would." He looked down to the ground. "He's... he is my younger brother. The reason I wake up in a morning."

"I can tell." She closed the oven, turning it on. "That song you wrote for him really came from the heart. I could tell. It even made John tear up, it's not often you see that." They laughed at that.

"I have more songs."

"I'd love to hear them sometime." And with that they both headed back into the living room.

But what Paul saw when he walked through the door really shocked him.

John was sat on the sofa, biting his nails, while George was fast asleep on his shoulder.

"I couldn't stop him. He looked shattered." John whispered.

And Paul knew he would be, having not had a decent sleep in ages.

"He would be, it's been a long day for a boy his age." Paul sighed.

"Which is?" asked John.

"13."

"And how old are you?"

"15."

John nodded. "I'm 16. And Mimi over there is 21. Right Mimi?"

She laughed at him. "Yes, thanks John."

"I'll have to wake him up, he can't sleep on your shoulder all night John. And we can't stay all night either."

"But your Mum isn't in." Paul had forgotten that George told her that. "And I'd hate to let you walk the streets at this hour. 10:00pm is no time for boys like you to be roaming the streets. Especially not in your condition."

It's not like we're not used to it.

"Please stay, Paul..." Begged John, once again.

He couldn't say no to those bold eyes, that seemed as if they were hypnotising him.

He's gorgeous. I can't say no to that man.

"O-Okay." He agreed eventually.

"Alright, I'll take him up into Johns room." Mimi said, walking over to George. He was sound asleep, not even an air raid siren would wake him up.

"But where will John sleep?" Paul panicked.

"I'll sleep down here, with you." He shrugged, smiling, as Mimi took the younger boy and laid him over her shoulders. She began to head up the stairs with him.

"You sure you don't mind?"

"Not at all."